SiriusXM vs. Dish CD...who's listening?

I listen to S/XM around Christmas. The rest of the year, neither.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Sirius get used and streamed.

Would be nice if they worked something out so we could access it with our dish account like hbogo, showtime anytime, etc.....

The audio quality is poor, and since I dropped Sirius, I have had no interest in them.
I disagree. The audio quality of both seems much better than much of the streaming content that I have access to.

I listen to Sirius at work (via satellite -- decidedly mediocre) and I listen to DISH CD at home because their offerings are different.

Too bad the guide doesn't show the specialty program blocks. I think more people would listen. I now have to go to the Sirius web site to find a program I want. Then set manual recorders.

We listen to go to sleep by quite often. Pleased with the quality, but I wouldn't say we're critically listening. I sometimes pump it to my outside speakers when I'm doing quiet yard work or in the pool in the summer.

The DISH CD channels are there as part of an agreement between DISH and MUZAK. I believe there are still a few hidden channels which are only available to commercial locations that subscribe to the Muzak service.

This is true. It's Foreground Music One and a couple of others. You can hear it in every corporate Wendy's restaurant around the country (I know because I used to be a manager in college and that's what we had). Only the Muzak folks can authorize those channels on specific receivers, if memory serves.

I like SiriusXM because there's someone on the other end, even if they voicetrack their shift. I also believe some of the DJ's have some input on the music they play on their respective shifts, which is a nice throwback.

Sirius some,Dish Cd very little.

Before Dish added Sirius,their music channels had much better content.The rock on Dish cd is very lacking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)