Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SiriusXM’s ‘80s on 8 Channel to Honor MTV’s 30th Birthday

Original MTV VJs and current SiriusXM hosts Martha Quinn, Alan Hunter, Mark Goodman and Nina Blackwood to recreate first 5 hours of MTV

Special guests include Pat Benatar, Eddie Money, Rick Springfield, Duran Duran’s Nick Rhodes and more

NEW YORK–July 25, 2011– Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) announced today that four of the original MTV VJs and current SiriusXM hosts Martha Quinn, Alan Hunter, Mark Goodman and Nina Blackwood will host “The ‘80s on 8 30th Anniversary VJ Special” thirty years to the day after the debut of MTV.

The special will relive the earliest days of music television as Martha, Alan, Mark and Nina share their memories as the first ever VJs on MTV. They will play back the songs that comprised the first five hours of videos in the sequence they originally aired --including Phil Collins “In The Air Tonight,” Blondie “Rapture,” and the first video ever played on MTV, “Video Killed The Radio Star” by the Buggles.

Special guests will include ‘80s icons Pat Benatar, Eddie Money, Rick Springfield and Nick Rhodes of Duran Duran.

“The ‘80s on 8 30th Anniversary VJ Special” will air on MTV’s 30th Birthday, Monday, August 1at 7:00 am ET. The special will be rebroadcast on Monday, August 1 at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm ET on ‘80s on 8, channel 8.

For video excerpts from the special, please visit www.youtube.com/siriusxm

I guess this means they won't be playing music anymore? ;) Just game shows,crappy reality shows and old musty movies? :eek::D

XM 80's channel use to be great. I could listen to it for hours and hear many great 80's songs. Then after the merger Sirius took over and made it the big 80's and now I can even listen to it for 15 minutes without hearing the same 20 songs over and over again. I put it on now and all I hear is Asia Heat of the Moment or Prince Lets get Crazy or 1999 a bizillon times. I don't hear the other great 80's tunes. This is why I was completly against the merger. It made the service much worse. I now don't even have my Inno reciever as I gave it to my uncle last year and just listen to internet radio on my iPod Touch with TuneIn that has 80's stations with more variety than the Big 80's. 1980s.fm is a deeper 80's channel during the day they play the hits and then at night they play songs that even the once great Fred played deeper songs that you have not heard or heard in a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)