Siruis Package!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NeverEver

Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
I just recived my Kit from TimeTrax and installed it best i could to the PC. When i start the program it gets 33% signal and says waiting for channel load. I dont know what to do now....=(

There used to be a thread on this board talking about this very problem. You are not alone, several people including myself have reported this.

I believe we have been very patient in waiting for a resolution to our issue but nothing is being done! Along with not replying to customer service requests it appears like they are trying to cover up the problem by deleting threads that talk about it.

The last I heard from them was that I would be contacted by the RMA department, that hasn't happened and they haven't responded to futher inquiries that I have made.

If I don't get any answer by the end of the week it's time to contact the credit card company and file a complaint about fraudulent business practices.

Hope you have better luck in dealing w/ them then we have!

Have the exact same problem, Also was told that the RMA department would be sending me a new unit. That was over 3 weeks ago. I have not had any communication from them since then. Frankly, I'm tired of dealing with them.

Here is what I've found out. I found 2 other shareware type programs that would play the TT radio. On both the signal meters operated as expected. ie when I moved the antenna around the signal got better/worse. This tells me that it is not the hardware. It is the software.

I am just waiting till they get their act together to put out some software that operates as advertised (hopefully).

My unit is being sent back for the same reason for a refund (David from timetrax is helping me out) I also have filed a claim with my credit card company just in case. I will post here (The other "timetrax not working" thread was deleted) if I am successful. They talk about karma in their instructions so lets hope they walk the talk

Everything is always a conspiracy - fortunately we've just continued to show our disorganization.

There is a known problem with certain Sirius connect radios that we sent out (mostly 'Kenwood' units). After a lot of research and testing, we haven't found one that doesn't work with our software yet works with someone elses. If anyone has a Sirius connect radio that DOES NOT WORK WITH RECAST and it DOES WORK WITH ANOTHER PROGRAM using a Time Trax brand adapter, we need your help. We will replace your radio with a pre-tested radio if you agree to send your radio to us for testing. If the results demonstrate failure with Recast and success with another app, you will be rewarded well. After testing nearly 100 units, we have not found this to be the case.

Despite being slow and disorganized, any defective equipment or software will be replaced. Not only will any pending RMA's be taken care of - I will also publicly post troubleshooting directions to confirm if you are experiencing this problem and instructions to return for refund or for replacement.

For anyone effected, our apologies.

David
Time Trax

As an additional FYI, when posts contain blatantly incorrect information or they are inflammatory, they get deleted. We've dealt with many difficult issues directly within this public forum and will continue to do that to work to gain the confidence of our customers.

I just spent some time reviewing open tickets within our system. I apologize that I am unable to find tickets relating to RMA's that are more than a few days old - let alone weeks.

If you have a support ticket that references your request for an RMA that has not been updated in more than 24 hours, please PM me with your ticket # and I will make sure that it gets the proper attention. If you do not have a ticket number and want an RMA, please go to http://www.timetraxtech.com/tt_support_index.asp and select 'CONTACT SUPPORT' on the left side menu. If you have any trouble submitting a ticket let me know via PM and I'll help you through the process or take care of it for you.

David
Time Trax

chuckf126 said:
Also was told that the RMA department would be sending me a new unit. That was over 3 weeks ago. I have not had any communication from them since then.

Is this true?

Has this issue been resolved?

Everyone else been taken care of?

dkieffer said:
Everything is always a conspiracy - fortunately we've just continued to show our disorganization.

David, Let's be mature about this. I doubt most people think it is a "conspiracy", but when they receive no response or the issue remains outstanding for very long, people become impatient and begin to speculate. It is human nature. Another perfect example of this is the expiration date in the record log. As soon as people began questioning it (back in August"), TT responded with "We will be announcing shortly what all of this means". Here we are in October and nothing has been said to put anyone's mind at ease. I know you are very busy with the software, but you could have saved yourselves some headache by leaving that information out of the record log (regardless of any future plans).

dkieffer said:
As an additional FYI, when posts contain blatantly incorrect information or they are inflammatory, they get deleted.

Guys, We have been trough all of this before. It got out of hand before with speculation flames and language (although I could see the point of some on the speculation part).

TT just blew it all up and started over again. The sad part is that alot of good information that could have been helpful to everyone was lost as a result.

I STRONGLY suggest keeping the posts FACTUAL and DO NOT FLAME.

I can understand expressing some dis-satisfaction, but if you REALLY want to rant, you can go here: http://openforums.mail-drop.org/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=ef5620c32ca64d961b290ba750920014

Meanwhile, back here: I do not think ANY post should be deleted if it is just telling the TRUTH.

Let's not give anyone an excuse to delete anything and see how it goes.

TT, I certainly hope that you would honor this.

If not, I guess there will be alot more activity at the above link.

A Bit of Good News

For the past week or so I have been in email contact with Scott MacLean, one of the Time Trax bigwigs. He took me up on my offer in the (now deleted) other thread to send him capture logs of the Recast sessions that failed. I'm happy to report that the latest test version of Recast that I've been playing with has not (so far) exhibited the timeout issue that a few of us have been having. Presumably the fix will appear in the upcoming version 1.3 release.

Good Deal...

I thought I remember you posting that you had a utility that could capture alot of information regarding what was going on, but I could not find it.

Hope we all have the same success when it becomes available to the rest of us.

BTW,

Love your avatar...Could that be Duke?

fugue deserves a HUGE thank you. He invested some substantial time with the TT team troubleshooting bugs with us. With his assistance and timely testing of fixes more than one of the significant issues that some users have experienced have been identified and fixed.

Thank you fugue for 'having our back'!

David
Time Trax

pizzaguy said:
I thought I remember you posting that you had a utility that could capture alot of information regarding what was going on, but I could not find it.

It's here.

Love your avatar...Could that be Duke?

Close - it's the Space Marine from DOOM. ;)

David,

Glad I could help. Helping to get these other folks back on the road again will be thanks enough for me. :up

I downloaded the beta software last night an I am happy to report that I am no longer waiting for channel load and I am recording sat radio!

That is great news!

Thanks for letting us know.... if you encounter any issues please be sure to send in a bug report.

Derek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)