Site not letting me post

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
Hi, I'm just verifying that I'm still allowed to post on this site. I have been trying to make a post in the Free Previews Discussion Thread in the Dish Network Forum, and every time I try I get the following error pop-up:
1231202039-00.jpg

This happens no matter which browser I try: Firefox, Edge, or Chrome.

Weird. Posting still OK for me...

Weird. Posting still OK for me...

Thanks for testing. If you agree to delete the post you just made in that thread, I will also delete my replies after that post, and just go ahead and make my post without quoting the post I was trying to quote. This way, our posts will not disrupt the flow of the conversation. Obviously this site, and that particular thread, are letting me post. It is simply a problem whenever I try to quote that one particular post, for some reason.

I got it to work with a partial quote of the post, instead of trying to quote almost the entire post. It is still weird that I got that error, though.

Did you piss off one of the moderators?
Probably, but that does not seem to be the issue here. I am not sure if it was just a weird glitch with the site, or simply user error. In any event, any time I have a problem, I have to either keep playing with it (and/or complaining about it) until I either get it fixed or break it completely. That is just the way I am. As it usually works out, as soon as I complain about something or try to report an issue, it will then almost immediately magically start working properly again. That is why I took the picture, so everyone else could see what I was seeing.

I've been trying to reply to a thread I keep getting an error saying that the content is inappropriate of spam like?

Here is the post;

Tower Guy,

Thank you for the information,

I read the links and here are my assumptions for the diplexer;

Use tees, not splitter/combiner
The ends of the stubs are open, not shorted.

My question, is it acceptable to coil the stubs or do they need to be laid out straight?

I will convert the dimensions to metric for accuracy.

If you agree to delete the post you just made in that thread, I will also delete my replies after that post,
Sorry. This morning it's many hours past the time I could edit or delete that post.
My question, is it acceptable to coil the stubs or do they need to be laid out straight?
If this is coax we're talking about, the answer is "Yes, you may coil". But don't kink it!

Reactions: RickBou
Sorry. This morning it's many hours past the time I could edit or delete that post.
No problem. I figured as much before I went to bed. That is why I went ahead and quoted your post in that thread, and linked to this thread, so people could see what we were talking about. I wanted to cut off any possible comments "What do you mean crodrules can't seem to post to this thread? Most of the posts in this thread are from crodrules!" :biggrin

• Haha
Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts