Site slow/Not Loading up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from a meeting and SQL was acting up so i had to bounce it twice for it to behave again. :)

All looks good now, and I am monitoring it on another PC I have setup. :)

Ok I have been monitoring it and just had to reboot the server completely. From what I can see something got stuck in memory and was causing an issue.

Lets hope this reboot fixes the issue. :)

Keep your fingers crossed. Sorry for the issue!

Page generated in 3.85688 seconds with 17 queries
[page compression: 116.17 k/127.68 k (9.02%)]

BEfore that it was dead (i assume the reboot :)

Page generated in 5.04140 seconds with 17 queries
[page compression: 117.04 k/128.55 k (8.95%)]

Its sporadic, sometimes less then .5seconds sometimes more.Dam mysql is being hammerd :)

I am and have been monitoring the server since the reboot.

Some interesting facts in monitoring the server...

Our SQL Server processes and average of (as of this writing) 261.238 Queries a Second!

On top of that we have caching enabled and that is doing 110.63 cache requests/second!

This puppy is working hard. :)

Sounds like many of us need to get back to work and quit playing on the site ;)
I needed to quit playing on the site and get to work this morning, not "get back to"... ;)

Scott, it seems you've had to spank the DB server quite a bit lately. What's changed in the last couple of weeks?

Well after running CCleaner, adaware and advanced windows care I have been watching my times on page gens and queries and Im averaging 3 - 7 seconds for page gens and 17 - 67 queries. One thing Ive noticed though is that the page gen has a flaw in that if a page starts to generate and only gets as far as the bare shell of the page and hangs for any number of seconds then it records that initial portion that hits your computer is a complete generation and not when the last item generated for viewing.

Case in point,

Page generated in 0.16854 seconds with 35 queries
[page compression: 116.26 k/138.97 k (16.34%)]

I lost www.satelliteguys.us for about three minutes about an hour ago. I lost 19% of the pings before it came back. I hope Scott (or LER) was responsible for the reboot...

I just had a page come up with everything except for the avatars. I refreshed and the page took 50 seconds or so to appear, this time with 80% of the avatar images.

I have been having problems ever since the change to make the URL a title was made.

Ok I have made some changes. (Part of it required a server reboot)

The cache is now rebuilding. But after that we should be ok.

This however will not correct the SQL issue we have been seeing and we are working on that as well. :)

This will fix itself in a little bit. (It could take about a day)

I am optimizing the vbseo stuff now for server perfomance. Not done yet, but things already seem to be snaping on the screen better now. :)

Ok I think we are all set.

If you got a page not found a few moments ago, just go to the hopepage and try again it is fixed now.

The speed seems better now, so I am going to stop tinkering for a bit and monitor it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)