Site slowed to a crawl ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
Logging on and changing screens has slowed to a crawl within the last hour. I've rebooted etc and other sites seem to load fine. Is it just traffic or do we have a problem?

It would load the top part, the Satguys logo and the stock info, but nothing below that. No ad on the right side either.

The 'Zilla said it was the ads server that it was waiting on, so that solves that mystery, and it seems fixed now.

I just bounced apache and mysql, I was seeing the same thing. We had a disk space issue earlier in the am, and that might have contributed.

LER

Yea, seems ok now. Sorry for the bother. I should have been patient a little longer. Guess you can close this one up.

Making a post requires someone to see it. Is there any other way to notify you or scott that there's a problem if you guys aren't actively viewing the site? Is a PM a solution?

I wish the admin for another non dbs board I go to could take feedback as constructive, little pecker gets all bent out of shape when you say that having to wait longer than 60 seconds for a page to change or having to hit the link button multiple times to actually get to the page is unacceptable.

Van said:
I wish the admin for another non dbs board I go to could take feedback as constructive, little pecker gets all bent out of shape when you say that having to wait longer than 60 seconds for a page to change or having to hit the link button multiple times to actually get to the page is unacceptable.
I wish more site admins understood that they can't see everything, and that users
have good ideas on what's "normal".

I pride myself on being able to take the heat, and fix crap when it's broke.

i've been doing that for most if not all my 25 years in IT.

LER

Since the big slow down, a few times i've noticed the same thing happening, but not for nearly as long. And it goes away after I read a few posts. If I caught it correctly, firefox was saying

read e0.extreme-dm.com

So it might not be an isolated thing, since it keeps happening but in smaller bursts. Anyone else notice anything, please post...

Site is REALLY slow now

taking a good 30 seconds to switch screens (T-1 connection...other sites are fine)

hard for me to tell, my internet at the office has been up and down like a yoyo, its up for 30 - 45 seconds then down for 5 to 10 seconds.

Cable company is coming back tommorow as they cant figure out whats going on.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Cable company is coming back tommorow as they cant figure out whats going on.

I just switched to BellSouth DSL 6 to try for a few days. Seems faster than Insight BB for the short time I have had it up. Going to try it a couple of days - if it keeps performing like it has, going to can Insight...

Status
Not open for further replies.