Skew on an upside down dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well, rain withstanding, I'm going to try something with my "extra" 30" dish...gonna see if I can get Hispast 1C/1D...not that I understand what they are saying but just to say that I saw the bird :)

In Minnesota, the elevation is 9.9 :eek: so I need to do some inginuity because the elevation of my dish goes to 15.

If I do the upside down method, how do I take skew into place? For a right side up dish, skew is -41 so it looks like it's at 4:00. When I turn the dish upside down, do I leave it or do I have to turn it a different way? Can I put it back to 4:00 like it normally would be?

(and I'm not doing the "get close and blind scan" unless I have to. I like to pop in a live TP and aim) :)

The skew on the LNBF will have exactly the same value! With my DirecPC dish I can rotate it EXACTLY 180º (Inverted) and the skew works out the same.

Still going to be at 4:00

cool. will try tomorrow (weather permitting)

what kind of signals do you get with it (quality wise)?

Hope you get it Tony. I wish I could give you an answer, but I'm like Sgt. Shultz on this one, "I know nothing, I see nothing, ect.,ect." Good luck. There is a channel called Cinema + (I think it's Italian) that sometimes (a lot really) shows American made movies where you can hear them in English and have a slightly annoying subtitle on the screen. Unlike Tele 5 where the English is turned down low and some guy repeats everything (man, woman, childs voices) in whatever language Tele 5 is.
I would think if you can imagine a polar mount and where the dish would be if it were on a polar mount, the skew would be that. If you can imagine that, go for it. Good luck!

Al

Al
My motorized could almost get to it...but when it gets to 30.5, the dish touches one of the braces for the mast, which resets the motor back to TS (93W)

Also, the Invacom is pretty big and clips the roof after 50 or so :( The smaller LNB's (Xtreme, Fortec) I could get to 30 (well, 30.5) :D Its almost straight east for me (110 or so)

well it wont work :(

Well, after I started, I had MAJOR LOS issues
-neighbors house (again...other neighbor)
-tree in the way

So after setting dish up right way and got it down to 10 elevation I looked and went "uh oh"...so I used the old reliable...make the dish "think" like a Prime Focus dish (offset dishes have a 22 degree offset). So I made the dish 32 elevation and looked up the barrel of the arm and 1/2 of the house and trees were in the way

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts