Skew servo 'twitch'

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Is it normal for the servo motor to occationally 'twitch'?

I haven't seen the actual hook move, and I think the actual movement is minimal, but about once every couple minutes I can hear the servo motor move just so barely when I am standing out at the dish.

Come to think about it sometimes when I am outside I hear the servo also, though the 4dtv is off?

Now for every couple of minutes, I am not sure if that is normal...

Shawn95GT said:
Is it normal for the servo motor to occationally 'twitch'?

I haven't seen the actual hook move, and I think the actual movement is minimal, but about once every couple minutes I can hear the servo motor move just so barely when I am standing out at the dish.

Have read that a shielded cable may help ?

Wyr

Mine only makes noise if the unit is on :).

The cable is shielded and is only exposed at the receiver end, about 6" at the Feedhorn end, and there is a REAL short exposed section where the ribbon cable comes through the wall.

I'll keep an eye on it. I plan on re-clocking the feedhorn so the skew is closer to -45 and +45.

Shawn

Shawn95GT said:
Mine only makes noise if the unit is on :).

The cable is shielded and is only exposed at the receiver end, about 6" at the Feedhorn end, and there is a REAL short exposed section where the ribbon cable comes through the wall.

I'll keep an eye on it. I plan on re-clocking the feedhorn so the skew is closer to -45 and +45.

Shawn

Might ground it at one end ?

wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)