Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Is it normal for the servo motor to occationally 'twitch'?

I haven't seen the actual hook move, and I think the actual movement is minimal, but about once every couple minutes I can hear the servo motor move just so barely when I am standing out at the dish.

Come to think about it sometimes when I am outside I hear the servo also, though the 4dtv is off?

Now for every couple of minutes, I am not sure if that is normal...

Shawn95GT said:
Is it normal for the servo motor to occationally 'twitch'?

I haven't seen the actual hook move, and I think the actual movement is minimal, but about once every couple minutes I can hear the servo motor move just so barely when I am standing out at the dish.

Have read that a shielded cable may help ?

Wyr

Mine only makes noise if the unit is on :).

The cable is shielded and is only exposed at the receiver end, about 6" at the Feedhorn end, and there is a REAL short exposed section where the ribbon cable comes through the wall.

I'll keep an eye on it. I plan on re-clocking the feedhorn so the skew is closer to -45 and +45.

Shawn

Shawn95GT said:
Mine only makes noise if the unit is on :).

The cable is shielded and is only exposed at the receiver end, about 6" at the Feedhorn end, and there is a REAL short exposed section where the ribbon cable comes through the wall.

I'll keep an eye on it. I plan on re-clocking the feedhorn so the skew is closer to -45 and +45.

Shawn

Might ground it at one end ?

wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)