Please reply by conversation.

sundrop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Missouri
Last week I had an hr24-500 replaced by an hr24-200

Humax and now Samsung. I believe.

The Humax allowed me to skip ahead without showing me the video, the samsung's skip ahead shows the video identical to a fast forward.

Is this a setting that can be changed or is it a result of the difference in manufacturer's?

Last week I had an hr24-500 replaced by an hr24-200

Humax and now Samsung. I believe.

The Humax allowed me to skip ahead without showing me the video, the samsung's skip ahead shows the video identical to a fast forward.

Is this a setting that can be changed or is it a result of the difference in manufacturer's?

Its a setting you can change:

You have to do a Search, search for:
30skip

I think it is, they must be at :30slip

I haven't set this up in quite a long time, anyone else here that can verify what I told him or correct it would be appreciated.

You would think that they would put this type of thing in the Menus, but they don't.

That is what it was. I forgot how many settings I had done to it based on things I have learned here.

I was thinking it was either a setting or something that came with a CE

Thanks Jimbo

*Should I call Directv back and educate their Tech Support? :) They told me it was different because the equipment was different :p

That is what it was. I forgot how many settings I had done to it based on things I have learned here.

I was thinking it was either a setting or something that came with a CE

Thanks Jimbo

*Should I call Directv back and educate their Tech Support? :) They told me it was different because the equipment was different :p
Thats typical with a CSR till you get up aways in the chain where people KNOW more of whats going on.

Its still a slap in the customers face that this is not an officially support option thru the normal settings menus.

Its still a slap in the customers face that this is not an officially support option thru the normal settings menus.

Not a slap at all .... would it be nice to have as part of the Menu options, sure.
99% of D* users don't know this is an option, those of us here are in the huge minority, seeing we know about this site.

hey at least when you have it to 30skip and have to reboot the receiver it doesnt default back to 30slip like it use to

Not a slap at all .... would it be nice to have as part of the Menu options, sure.
99% of D* users don't know this is an option, those of us here are in the huge minority, seeing we know about this site.

offer this option in the real menus (its not like this is still a test feature that is any buggier than any other part of the S/W).. and I bet 60, 70, 80% of those 99% would choose it. This is such a basic option (offered by other providers) that it is a slap in the face to the 99% who don't know it exists. Its just DTV staying cozy with the content providers.

offer this option in the real menus (its not like this is still a test feature that is any buggier than any other part of the S/W).. and I bet 60, 70, 80% of those 99% would choose it. This is such a basic option (offered by other providers) that it is a slap in the face to the 99% who don't know it exists. Its just DTV staying cozy with the content providers.

I have never been slapped in the face without knowing it. If someone doesn't know about a feature they don't miss it.

Doesn't Directv brag ab the slip? Literally something like "See what you're missing at a fast rate.."

Iceberg, can you revert back after adjusting that?

This is only a big issue on customers who convert over from dish.

I agree it should go in the menu as an option, as I can tell you the techs ain't wasting their time explaining it to the customers as its a hassle to have to explain to the customer what it does and is a hassle to show the customers how to change back.

Doesn't Directv brag ab the slip? Literally something like "See what you're missing at a fast rate.."

Iceberg, can you revert back after adjusting that?

I've never heard D brag about the Slip/Skip

Yes, you can revert back and forth by doing the search with the appropriate phrase in it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)