Skip, skip, skip...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swampman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
South Louisiana
Anyone ever experience while in live TV(happens to be on my OTA local) that the picture keeps skipping. It moves forward, but skips. This is an HR20-700. It will do this without warning. I then channel up or down and come back to that channel and it starts behaving normally. Any ideas?

First thing to do, if you haven't already, is to do a restart.

If it continues, then your hard drive may be starting to fail.

First thing to do, if you haven't already, is to do a restart.

If it continues, then your hard drive may be starting to fail.

Well I kinda suspected a hard drive issue, but wasn't sure. Prior experience shows that if I mention a problem relating to OTA, Directv CSRs point to an antenna/cabling problem...NOT a DVR issue. :rolleyes:

Out of curiousity... what local affiliate were you watching? I noticed in the past, with ABC in particular, that the frame-rate wasn't quite right... maybe it was just me?

This was an ABC affiliate. What made you think that the frame rate wasnt up to par? I dont think what I'm talking about is a frame rate problem. The "motion" seemed to move about every 2 seconds. I really dont think its a signal problem either, as I've seen what those symptoms are.

Last edited:
Whether it was frame-rate or not, I have had this "jumping" in the past with my ABC affiliate. I seem to recall it happens more often than not when trying to watch their "Wonderful World of Disney" specials. And you're right, it isn't a satellite issue... probably has more to do with the affiliate. Glad to know I wasn't the only one having trouble...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)