Skipped - Already Scheduled (Timer problems)

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
A couple days ago I noticed that some "New" episode program timers are being skipped on my Hopper as "Already Scheduled." I just assumed there was a glitch that would fix itself, but tonight I went through my timers in more detail and this appears to be a bigger issue than I realized. Some timers are still recording, but a large number of them for the next week are skipping episodes even though those episodes are showing as "New" in the guide. Some of the programs that were set to skip are:

Magic City
Real Time with Bill Maher
HBO Boxing
Once Upon a Time
House
Castle
Disappeared

And these are only some of the ones that I noticed. I'm sure if my wife went through her timers she would find some more. Has anyone else experienced this on the Hopper?

A couple days ago I noticed that some "New" episode program timers are being skipped on my Hopper as "Already Scheduled." I just assumed there was a glitch that would fix itself, but tonight I went through my timers in more detail and this appears to be a bigger issue than I realized. Some timers are still recording, but a large number of them for the next week are skipping episodes even though those episodes are showing as "New" in the guide. Some of the programs that were set to skip are:

Magic City
Real Time with Bill Maher
HBO Boxing
Once Upon a Time
House
Castle
Disappeared

And these are only some of the ones that I noticed. I'm sure if my wife went through her timers she would find some more. Has anyone else experienced this on the Hopper?

I am having a similar problem. One of my hoppers has been missing a few recordings lately. It skipped Game of Thrones on Sunday even though it was new and number 1 on my timer priority list. Last night the same hopper skipped The Office and Parks and Recreation. There were no conflicts and all three shows were new and have recorded correctly in the past on that hopper. My other hopper correctly recorded The Office and Parks and Rec but I didn't have Game of Thrones scheduled on that one. Both hoppers are still running S207. Luckily I was able to watch Game of Thrones through HBO Go as soon as the episode ended on my Xbox.

The episodes that are recorded PTAT and also saved to the user side will show skipped but they will record to both places on one tuner.....

The episodes that are recorded PTAT and also saved to the user side will show skipped but they will record to both places on one tuner.....

I'm not using PTAT. These are just missed recordings at least in my case. I don't remember seeing the "already scheduled" message that the OP mentioned. I didn't look back through the schedule to check the message. I just know that 3 of my recordings that I know were new have been skipped in the last week. One was on HBO and 2 were on my local NBC. I have not noticed any skipped recordings on my other hopper.

Many of the missed recordings are on cable networks and I have PTAT disabled, so this has nothing to do with PTAT.

I've noticed that my Hopper may sometimes skip the first instance of a show and record the missed event at another time.
Mine is skipping them entirely.

Are you setting the timers from the first "new" instance in the guide. I remember setting a "new" series timer from a guide episode 8 days out. I had to go back and unskip the neartime new episode.

Are you setting the timers from the first "new" instance in the guide. I remember setting a "new" series timer from a guide episode 8 days out. I had to go back and unskip the neartime new episode.
Yes, these are timers that were set weeks ago and have been working until now.

Is there any update on this issue from the Dish people? I've had 2 programs get skipped in the past 2 days. One was a soap opera and there's no chance to record it some other time. I like the "idea" of the Hopper, but these timer issues are absolutely ridiculous. What's the point in having a DVR when it randomly decides not to record the timers?

I have also seen this problem with timers. With mine it seems that either Friday or Saturday over night is when it goes through for the coming week and decides to mark a timer as skipped. I have my timer as the first on the priority list but it still skips it. It is a soap opera so I have another timer set to record on the Soap channel later in the day. The Soap channel is the last in my priority list. It always skips the 2:00 PM timer and keeps the 6:00 PM timer. Not sure why but this is what happens.

Is there any update on this issue from the Dish people? I've had 2 programs get skipped in the past 2 days. One was a soap opera and there's no chance to record it some other time. I like the "idea" of the Hopper, but these timer issues are absolutely ridiculous. What's the point in having a DVR when it randomly decides not to record the timers?

I deleted all my timers that were having problems and made new ones. My new timers have not been skipped but this problem caused me to miss an episode of Mad Men before I knew it was happening.

I posted this in another thread:

"This issue happened on the 922 too. It's extremely frustrating. The easiest way to fix a timer that does this is to edit the timer to be Auto Tune instead of DVR, save it, and then change it back to DVR, and save it again. At least then, you don't have to completely erase the timer. It seems to be random for me as to which timers are affected by it and unfortunately, I only notice it if something didn't record that should have. If you are super diligent about going over the Daily Schedule, you can fix it before something is missed."

BearHuntr said:
I posted this in another thread:

"This issue happened on the 922 too. It's extremely frustrating. The easiest way to fix a timer that does this is to edit the timer to be Auto Tune instead of DVR, save it, and then change it back to DVR, and save it again. At least then, you don't have to completely erase the timer. It seems to be random for me as to which timers are affected by it and unfortunately, I only notice it if something didn't record that should have. If you are super diligent about going over the Daily Schedule, you can fix it before something is missed."

I don't think there is an auto tune option on the hopper.

3HaloODST said:
There is. When editing timers, change the "Type" from "DVR" to "Auto Tune."

You're right I just checked. Has that been there from the start? I thought I remembered a thread a while ago about auto tune not being there. Good to know.

So, I have a theory on this issue and who might be affected by it. We have a lot of timers (upwards of 70) and used to regularly hit the 574 event limit on both the 922 and now the Hopper. If I recall on a previous thread when this was solely a 922 issue, it seemed like it only affected users who had lots of timers and events. So, I guess I'm curious if this holds true for those still experiencing this issue.

On a side note, it seems like we aren't hitting a brick wall anymore when at the event limit, but I have noticed holes where some timers with lots of events only show some skipped and not all. Did they just make it so that events past the 574 limit are just ignored now?

So, I have a theory on this issue and who might be affected by it. We have a lot of timers (upwards of 70) and used to regularly hit the 574 event limit on both the 922 and now the Hopper. If I recall on a previous thread when this was solely a 922 issue, it seemed like it only affected users who had lots of timers and events. So, I guess I'm curious if this holds true for those still experiencing this issue.
I haven't experienced this issue again (that I'm aware of) since I restored events for all my skipped timers, but your theory is plausible because I do have a large number of timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)