Skipping ahead 12 or 24 hours on the Electronic Program Guide

Or put in how many hours and quickly hit the forward or possibly advance button if it's like the VIP.

Thanks, I have had the Hopper for a year and never figured out how to advance 24 hours. Still haven't figured out how to do 12 hours.

Update: I did the 12 and forward and it did 12 hours ahead. thx

Last edited:
You need to watch the Hopper info videos on channel 103. They tell you about a lot of neat secrets like how to skip forward and lots more. I found it to be quite informative watching those videos.

Larry

Skip Forward = 3 Hours
Forward = 24 Hours
Backwards from both the way it was with the 722k and from what logic and common sense would dictate. (Logically, Skip should skip a day, while Forward should take you forward a few hours.) I never understood why they decided to change it, unless it was unintentional because it was a new engineering team, and now they are stuck with it.

Is there a way to do this on the Hopper 3? Just got it and it doesnt allow you to type in 48 and hit the right arrow key to go ahead 48 hours. It just eventually goes to channel 48. You can press or hold down the skip forward button to advance 3 or 24 hours. But i like to skip ahead a full week for example.

This does work on the Hopper and Joey as well.
This has never worked for me on my H3 - I have tried with 40.0 and 52.0 remotes - I can go 2 hours and 24 hours ahead with the skip buttons - that's it - I can't punch in hours and get it to move forward - just goes to that channel

Carbon interface no longer supports selected number of hours. Skip/skip back and FF/rewind are the only options. Skip is 2 1/2 hours or 2 hours depending on your guide setting.

i did figure out that once you hold down skip to go ahead 24 hours you can then just tap it once to go ahead another 24 hours. You can then quickly click multiple times to skip multiple days.

Reactions: JSheridan
Yes, a Learning curve is required for hopper 3 and the 52.0 remote control. But once you learn how it ,works just as easy as older hoppers.

Yes, a Learning curve is required for hopper 3 and the 52.0 remote control. But once you learn how it ,works just as easy as older hoppers.

Is there organized info somewhere of tips tricks for the hopper 3? A lot of the stuff i have seen so far would benefit someone that has never used a hopper before. Maybe a write up of differences between functionality in the hopper and hopper 3

Basically you just learn as you play with it. That's how I learned with any new Dish receiver. Took me about a week or two but I got it.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: charlesrshell
Is there organized info somewhere of tips tricks for the hopper 3? A lot of the stuff i have seen so far would benefit someone that has never used a hopper before. Maybe a write up of differences between functionality in the hopper and hopper 3
Honestly, go through the "Help" system. It's quite good.

Just got my Hopper 3 and truly HATE that there was no manual for it. I realize that there are channels dedicated to helping but I would prefer a manual I can mark to go back to rater than watch a video numerous times for answers to different questions.

Just got my Hopper 3 and truly HATE that there was no manual for it. I realize that there are channels dedicated to helping but I would prefer a manual I can mark to go back to rater than watch a video numerous times for answers to different questions.
There IS a manual for it. Your tech must not have given you one, nor did he record Hopper 3 insider that repeatrs on ch 103 every hour

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)