AMIKO Skipping Ahead on Amiko Alien 2

pacificrim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
West Coast Canada
Is there any way to skip ahead when playing back a recording other than fast forward? All I can find are references to Enigma builds doing it, but not the stock firmware.

We've looked into this with Spark & one of our dealers who asked the same thing. Apparently there just isn't a way to do it other than setting the FF to max speed. Personally I don't think it is an issue, I deal with the same thing on other applications (Netflix/X360 comes to mind) but I guess some guys record huge 8 hour blocks with A2's.

Hey Joe,
I would play it back with XBMC or VLC on my PC, except as my other posting about file extensions states, the naming of subsequent files as .001, 002, 003 makes that impossible. I haven't seen any other STB do this. I hope the A3 handles these 2 problems differently as it is literally a show stopper for me. Also, fast forwarding through a 8 hour recording has resulted in black screens and sync problems with the Alien 2.
Thanks for your reply.

We've looked into this with Spark & one of our dealers who asked the same thing. Apparently there just isn't a way to do it other than setting the FF to max speed. Personally I don't think it is an issue, I deal with the same thing on other applications (Netflix/X360 comes to mind) but I guess some guys record huge 8 hour blocks with A2's.

When playing back files from my PC on my A2, I can press the Play button to bring up the progress bar, then move forward and back with the left and right arrow keys. I would assume that playback of files recorded on the A2 would work the same way, since it's the same player. The only problem I have with it is that it's hard to find a specific spot in the file because the elapsed time below the progress bar doesn't update very smoothly. (But it doesn't update that smoothly with FF/RW either... In fact, FF/RW often don't go as fast as they're supposed to be going, particularly on HD files. In other words, I can click the button a few times and yet it still seems to only be going at 2X.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts