Sky Angel adds Preview Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PHIL16GUY

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Sky Angel added channel 100 to its lineup which shows previews of its VOD library and a moving electronic TV guide. Pretty cool.

I'm glad Sky Angel added the preview/guide channel, but I still find some other sources better for checking programming.

Of the various options for displaying Sky Angel program listings (on-screen on the box, Sky Angel’s website listings, TV Guide listings, etc.), I am finding ZapToIt’s Sky Angel guide to be the most informative, accurate, and easy to use. At ZapToIt.com, you can personalize Sky Angel listings to display only channels you use and in any order you prefer. (Radio channels are included.) You can click on any station name and get a listing of several days of programming for that channel. You can mark any program as a “favorite,” which adds color-coding to all broadcasts of your favorite programs to make them easy to find in the listings. You can also easily spot all movies via color-coding. ZapToIt listings included the new NRB channel (126) right away (which shows that that they have a good data source). You can also use ZapToIt listings to display available times and channels for a particular program when you want to find it in the guide for “48-hour review” viewing.

I use tabbed browsing in Internet Explorer 8 and keep an open tab all day long with the ZapToIt Sky Angel listings. I find I choose more Sky Angel programming when I have this information so readily accessible in a format that is tailored to my preferences. My second favorite way of displaying Sky Angel listings is on Tivo. Last month, I paid a one-time lifetime subscription fee for Tivo since I have found that it adds so much function and convenience to my Sky Angel service.

Besides checking the OnDemand channel (100), I am reminding myself (and others) to also regularly check Sky Angel News-VOD Spotlight and Sky Angel News-Sky Angel Preview. I watched previews of three movies there and ended up watching and enjoying two of them in the last few days (Infinity and The Snow Walker). It always "pays off" when I take time to explore what is available on Sky Angel.

I generally look up a Sky Angel movie on my Blockbuster account, where I can read more detail and reviews of the movie before I decide to spend $$ choosing it.

Zap2It is an excellent source for the programming found on SkyAngel. I use Firfox and leave a tab open also. Like jholland, I find that I watch a lot more stuff by having this resource. I also use Pisgah View. I was able to find a lot of programming through that site and then add to my favorites. As a fan of reality shows, I was able to go through and find some Christian based reality shows. I would have never found them with out this site. I have been a SA subscriber for a month and a half. I love it. I do miss the discovery channels, but to me it is not a big deal. Hopefully we will get some new channels soon to replace the ones that were lost.

I'll check those out. Among programs I have discovered on Sky Angel, I like 100 Huntley Street, and I've been checking out movies on FamilyNet. I also like Aspiring Women and Joni, both shows aimed at women -- lots of good testimonies.

I've switched to keeping the Zap2It tab open in Firefox. For some reason, I can no longer stay signed in when I use Zap2It in IE8 -- I've tried everything to solve the issue, to no avail. But I can stay signed in using Firefox. I keep both Zap2It Sky Angel listings and Pisgah View available all day with tabbed browsing.

Keep sharing what shows you like!

I'll check those out. Among programs I have discovered on Sky Angel, I like 100 Huntley Street, and I've been checking out movies on FamilyNet. I also like Aspiring Women and Joni, both shows aimed at women -- lots of good testimonies.

I've switched to keeping the Zap2It tab open in Firefox. For some reason, I can no longer stay signed in when I use Zap2It in IE8 -- I've tried everything to solve the issue, to no avail. But I can stay signed in using Firefox. I keep both Zap2It Sky Angel listings and Pisgah View available all day with tabbed browsing.

Keep sharing what shows you like!

Family Net has some great movies. I really like Sue Thomas on GMC. Never heard of the show before. It is a cop show my kids can actually watch.

I have heard of 100 Huntley Street. May have to check that out.

One of the best things about Zap2It is that I can set up favorites and only see my favorites. Most of them are on 48 hour playback, so I can watch them just about anytime.

One last thing, check out the movie Sarah's Choice. It was on last weekend, and is scheduled again on May 26th on JCTV. Great movie with great message.

I will keep sharing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts