Sky Angel IPTV picture quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ak245

Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
Providence, RI
Finally decided to give this a try and I am impressed in some respects but I signed up for 25/15 (fiber) internet to try to get the best IPTV quality - picture looks clear 'til there is any kind of movement, i.e. watching NFL Network, at which point it looks terrible - I also get a line flashing across the screen for about half a second from time to time. Is this the same quality everyone else is getting or is there something wrong on my end? (I am impressed with the channel lineup and may decide to keep the service even if this is as good as it gets.) Thanks for feedback ...

:confused:

I only have the faith package, but I get very good quality. I have a 10Mb connection.
Rick

We have had it since it started. The quality is much better now than at first. And they have added lots of channels since then too and haven't raised prices.

I have never had the quality problems you are describing. Only issue I have is buffering from time to time. Don't watch much of the NFL Channel but I do watch CBS College Sports Channel. What type of cable do you have between your SA box and your TV?

i just got skyangel iptv this week. I have tried composite, s-video and component and the picture is very muted / compressed. Is this normal? I thought it was suppose to be pretty clear. My OTA SD channels are much clearer - say Qubo for example is much better than the same channel on SA. I have tried it on my 42" panasonic plasma and my 32" Sony Wega CRT tv. the result is the same.

maybe I was expecting too much. I have Skyangel about 4 years ago when it was on dish but i had a little tv back then so maybe I didn't notice.

did i get a bad receiver ?

also, what is up with the guide... very hard to get around in - is 2.5 the latest version ?

thanks in advance

i posted earlier but it never showed up - not sure if i did something wrong. Anyhow, i have 2 vertical bloack areas on each side of the screen that will not go away with the format button. I have a 42" panasonic plasma. I also tried my SA box on a Sony 32" CRT - the black area is much smaller. The picture is kind of blotchy in the faces etc on both tv's. Is this normal ?? and are the lines normal ? SA is going to send me a different box but I want to stop them if everything is ok. I just was thinking the video quality would be a little better.

PS - are the yellow letters in the guide kind of off center - there is white and yellow in the channel name - seems like it should be all yellow but the yellow is a little left. You can't see it unless you get close to the screen

Version 2.5 is still the newest version of the firmware.

I don't notice the quality issues you are talking about but I also have an old 44" rear projection 4:3 ratio TV so I am not use to watching higher quality video.

Some TV sets have an adjustment to aligned all the colors on the screen. Do you use analog inputs from other devices? Do they have the same problem with colors not aligned on text?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)