SKY ANGEL NEWS RELEASE: 3ABN, Golden Eagle, Spirit, prohibited from reinstating

jashobeam said:
We will continue our subscription, but I will miss Spirit. It was a great channel to leave on all day. GEB had kids shows my daughter loved. I hope they don't go under. SkyAngel is about the only thing we watch besides DVDs. I would love to see them add channels, but I'm not holding my breath.

Spirit will still be on just in the night time on Channel 9703 (KTV)

Ellen G White and her writings are definitely more plausible and biblically logical than a lot of the movies shown on SA that are inspired by the Left Behind series and Hal Lindsey.
I plan to buy the FTA satellite system asap, probably Monday or Tuesday. I'll keep watching Sky Angel, being as how I still have the lifetime subscription.
I can't wait to get the fta sat system up and running. I refuse to let technical difficulties and whatever else that may have been the problem from stopping me watching the channels and religious programming I want to watch.

DB

Kountzer said:
Ellen G White and her writings are definitely more plausible and biblically logical than a lot of the movies shown on SA that are inspired by the Left Behind series and Hal Lindsey.
I plan to buy the FTA satellite system asap, probably Monday or Tuesday. I'll keep watching Sky Angel, being as how I still have the lifetime subscription.
I can't wait to get the fta sat system up and running. I refuse to let technical difficulties and whatever else that may have been the problem from stopping me watching the channels and religious programming I want to watch.

DB

Some of what you say may be correct, but I've done a Google search on Ellen G. White. The internet allows you to do research in a way that was never possible before.

Sky Angel has sure been getting flack from some about the loss of 3ABN, even though they were carried free of charge.

As far as FTA, go for it, you don't want to be Left Behind.

Jeff

I think Tony mentioned it best when he said it's Sky Angel's own fault for making absolutely no attempts to get their own satellite up in the air. I thought I heard somewhere they were actually working on an uplink center. I forget where it's at though. Seems a bit late, what with the condition of Echostar 3. I'm also pretty sure that the contract with Dish Network is only for the life of that particular satellite. Am I mistaken?

The original contract signed in 1997 was for 10 years or the life of E*3, whichever came first. IIRC So I think the negotiations that happened earlier resulting in the loss of these three channels was part of the renegotiations for continued service. BTW the uplink center for SA is in Cleveland TN

See ya
Tony

So will SkyAngel be over next year (in 2007)?

It doesn't look like they are really close to getting their own satellite.

Brad

Again, Dish Network would LOSE 6 transponders if they just let SA die by not continuing the contract. As I mentioned elsewhere, Dish does not automatically get the 8 transponders licensed to SA. The FCC's mood right now is not condusive to Dish even buying these transponders.

So it is in Dish's best interest to renew the contract in some form allowing SA access to whatever satellite is up there in exchange for the sub-lease of 6 of SA's transponders.

Tony

That could be true, but I don't think Dish's actions here are all that helpful either. Sure, they may get some extra space at SA's expense, but it is ticking off long-term customers too. SA is something that has kept me loyal to Dish all these years. :/

Brad

JeffH said:
Some of what you say may be correct, but I've done a Google search on Ellen G. White. The internet allows you to do research in a way that was never possible before.

Sky Angel has sure been getting flack from some about the loss of 3ABN, even though they were carried free of charge.

As far as FTA, go for it, you don't want to be Left Behind.

Jeff

If you depend upon what you find on google to formulate your spiritual decisions, you are seriously short changing yourself.

DB

I will not be getting another annual subscrition from S.A. for the present, but
I hope they remain viable and that the situation improves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts