sky angel store?! Newsletter

catkoko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
did anyone happen to catch the link to the skyangel store?

yes its true, we can actually PAY to advertise skyangel on our shirts and hats as well! Like we haven't given them enough of our $ already?

www.skyangelestore.com

Are they that desperate for cash? I am sorry but I wouldn't wear one if they gave it to me! Still NO Information of cancelling DBS for IPTV that I can find in the newletter. the only thing I want to read is a good old fashioned snail mail explaing exactly how the switch affects current and lifetiime subs!

The relationship with SA is one of the strangest business situations I have ever experienced. I cannot even imagine what goes on in the minds of its management or how it justifies its actions. I suspect Pelle and Evie saw the handwriting on the wall and got out quite early rather than sully their reputations.

IIRC - they have had this available for a long time. Sometimes they promote it, sometimes not. But I remember them offering SA* branded items before.

And, ITA - they should be sending out more info than they are.

What do I want to see in their newsletter?

first of all I would like a SNAIL mail newsletter! haven't gtten anything since they threatened to shut off "special 4". what a waste of postage as I believe ALL lifetimers still receive those channels!

2nd I would like to be NOTIFIED of the FCC application by skyangel

3rd I would like to know exactly how that affects current and lifetime subscribers

I think as far as how it will affect subscribers, the contract states the life of the satellite or DBS system. So therefore, no satellite transponder licenses, no system, no contract.

How they went about it may be ethically wrong, and I was one of the "disenfranchised" who enjoyed Skyangel and had to leave due to their future plans, but I can pretty much guarentee anyone who challenges them in court is going to lose. The contract was poorly written to begin with and, the more I see of this unwinding, the more I am beginning to wonder if it was intentionally done that way from the beginning.

There is always Glorystar, which is where I went, or other services out there with family packages.

Skyangel is effectively dead, at least to those who do not have the capability to receive it via IPTV. I say let them go into the night and wish them well. What would Jesus do???

problem

the probelm is that sky angel is making no "OFFICIAL " statement to its subscribers, monthly or otherwise as to its future or its demise! do you realize that many/most subscribers have no idea what is happening regarding IPTV? I have met people both on and off line that had no idea
skyangel was even considering such a move!

I understand what you are saying, I was just as upset as you are when I found out. But looking at it from a completely litigious view, a good lawyer will point out that Skyangel never said in their contract that they would announce when such a move would be made. They only stated that upon termination of the satellite or the DBS service, which effectively happens when those transponders are transferred, that the contract is nullified. It is simply lousy and perhaps underhanded, but a good lawyer is going to chew up and spit out anyone who tries to challenge it in court.

Trust me, I do not condone the way they did things, but apparently they built this in to the contract the way they did to cover this contingency.

Perhaps this line of thinking went farther back then the son taking control of the company after all.

I think as far as how it will affect subscribers, the contract states the life of the satellite or DBS system. So therefore, no satellite transponder licenses, no system, no contract.

How they went about it may be ethically wrong, and I was one of the "disenfranchised" who enjoyed Skyangel and had to leave due to their future plans, but I can pretty much guarentee anyone who challenges them in court is going to lose. The contract was poorly written to begin with and, the more I see of this unwinding, the more I am beginning to wonder if it was intentionally done that way from the beginning.

There is always Glorystar, which is where I went, or other services out there with family packages.

Skyangel is effectively dead, at least to those who do not have the capability to receive it via IPTV. I say let them go into the night and wish them well. What would Jesus do???
Right on! The wording led one to believe that we were good until satellite demise, but not legally that clear. Talk about the contract for the back-up/replacement satellite was stated as fact, then never mentioned again. I still don't suspect fraud, more like too much family on the board.

the probelm is that sky angel is making no "OFFICIAL " statement to its subscribers, monthly or otherwise as to its future or its demise! do you realize that many/most subscribers have no idea what is happening regarding IPTV? I have met people both on and off line that had no idea
skyangel was even considering such a move!

until the FCC approves the transponders to be moved from Sky Angel to Dish they assume its "business as usual"

I have been at companies that have seen the writing on the wall internally but nobody (or few people) knew externally. For us the employyes they would say "business as usual"

I think they have to operate in the "business as usual" mode, whatever the company, to avoid other possible problems. (That or shut down immediately.)

NYRman1975, I don't think Bob Johnson planned this outcome. I do think that selling lifetime access to anything for a fixed price is foolish. The only place I can see that as supported is with my college alumni association, since they continually have "new blood" coming along, but otherwise it generally doesn't make long-term business sense, because the money gets spent and the costs are still there.

Many companies and ministries have fallen into trouble for the same reason.

Brad

I think hey need complaints to the FCC blocking the transponder sale, and a big fat lawsuit for lifetimers.

Honestly such a immoral screw the customer means the service needs to implode and go out of business.

Dish shoulds step in, add all the sky angel channels to one of their packages and elminate the need for the service altogether.

Dish shoulds step in, add all the sky angel channels to one of their packages and elminate the need for the service altogether.

until SA gets approval to sell those to Dish, Dish cant add those channels.

SA has "exclusive" rights to those and if Dish tries to add them, SA will sue....like they did with Daystar

SA has "exclusive" rights to those and if Dish tries to add them, SA will sue....like they did with Daystar

While that may be possible It would not make a lot of sense to sue those to whom you are trying to sell something. OTOH if Dish adds the SA channels what would be their net transponder gain?

business as usual?

this is what I have a problem with. they take the business as usual tact yet issue press releases and disclaimers regarding IPTV and the demise of DBS. don't the subscribers deserve at least a copy of the press release mailed to them?

If there was an award for Behavior unbecoming to a Christian Sky angel would get my vote! Think we could get some publicity if we had a vote and actually gave them such an award? perhaps satan with wings might be appropriate?

Since I became a lifelong partner/subscriber in response to an SA ad in Charisma Magazine in 1997 I have asked Charisma if they could do a story on what is happening at SA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)