Sky Angel Wish List

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
I know there are many grumpy former subscribers, and this thread is not for you. I was once a lifetime member too. The vision of Sky Angel back in the early days was to one day launch their own satellite. They were very limited due to transponder issues on Echostar 3, so they could never offer much beyond the faith channels. IPTV is still an emerging technology, but it has given Sky Angel a chance to see their vision become a reality. Sky Angel continues to add channels giving me more to chose from. While I don't watch all of it, I have been pleased with what they offer.

So what is your wish list for Sky Angel's future offerings? Here are a few of mine:
1. A live PPV channel for simulcasts.
2. A monthly subscription fee for PPV movies ($4 a movie is a bit steep considering I can get unlimited movies for about $8/month from Netflix, Amazon, etc.)
3. Networks or (dream big) local network affiliates based on IP address. They blacked out a preseason NFL game on NFL Network because I was in the Pittsburgh market, so it seems likely that they could offer regional content)

So what's on your wish list?

My wish list would be for SA to correct some of the issues with their service before adding anything new. Such as:

1. Make their service more reliable - no buffering issues.
2. Make all outputs on receivers usable at once.
3. Improve the software, guide info, time zone changes allowed.

Sky Angel does offer a service no one else really does at this time. However, there does need to be some competition, such as another IPTV provider so there is a choice, which would create a need to keep up with changes, not just be comtent with providing a service no one else does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts