Sky Mexico signal lost, LNB or receiver ? help.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CyberManiaK

Original poster
Aug 8, 2017
So.Cal
Hi guys well I have a receiver Sky +HD it's the same as the HR23-700 which I found searching here on the forum, for 5 years has been working great, but last week started to lose signal, it said searching for satellite signal on LNB1 this search lasted just around 5 minutes and everything was ok, but Yesterday did it again and lasted for a couple of hours and by following the receiver instructions I did full reset by using the red button, and now it says "searching for satellite signal on LNB2" however if go to Menu- and then do a test it fails around 20% with a Diagnostic Code 12-615 (yesterday) and today 11-161.

I already replaced the coaxial cable that runs from the receiver up to the antenna and the problem is still there. So I guess the only things left are either the receiver or the lnb. So what you guys think ?

If it's the LNB can anyone point me to one that is a direct replacement preferably on Amazon or Ebay ? Currently I have one like this. (attached photo).

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• LNB Sky 2.jpg
    LNB Sky 2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 203
why dont you contact SKY directly for a replacement. Are you paying a monthly fee for programming with them aren't you? if so they should be able to provide the exact or matching replacement.

Just like Directv you contact them for replacement parts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)