SkyAngel IPTV Bugs

space

Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
I would like to start a collection of bugs on the new IPTV boxes. SkyAngel has a forum on the reseller site but they do not allow non-employees to post. Maybe someone from SkyAngel trolls these forums and can reply to some of these.

Bug #1
The current time display and the times listed in the guide are in Eastern time and there is no way to change time zones according to Tech Support.

I guess we are going to have to buy additional clocks for each timezone to hang on the wall.
Also, good idea to list any bugs as some of us that haven't received our box yet can be better prepared.

It might also be interesting to hear about your installation/setup experience. I'm curious about the box itself...component and s-video out or composite too? stereo L-R out or coax or optical?

I haven't seen any information regarding these items.

UPDATE: Looks like I found out my own answer to part of the output:

Q26. Does Sky Angel IPTV offer high-definition channels?

A26.No, at this time, our programming is all standard definition and is formatted for 4 x 3 TV viewing. If you have a hi-definition TV, you can set your TV to 16x9 settings in order to fill out the TV screen. It is also recommended that you connect the Sky Angel IPTV set-top box using the "green, blue and red" component connections for the best quality picture.

Last edited:
The box has composite, s-video, and component video. No RF, VGA, DVI, or HDMI. I believe it has Optical Audio but will have to wait til home to verify this.

Bug #2
Very Minor Issue...
The Up button on the remote is labeled "CH-" and the down arrow is labeled "CH+". The up button changes to the next higher channel and the down button changes to the next lower channel. The issue could be fixed with some whiteout and a ultrafine sharpie.

I would like to stop the sound that occurs when you navigate around the box top screen. It's a bit annoying and not necessary. I tried to change it in the settings but was unable.

Ken

I thought the box was very easy to set up. The remote is also easy to figure out and use. My 18 yr old daughter with down syndrome was able to navigate Skyangel in a matter of minutes. We got it yesterday and have had no major problems. I was able to look at the programming from 48 hours ago until now which gives alot of choices of things to watch. I did ask about resetting the time to mountain time. I will ask about the annoying sound also. I am waiting for a reply.

I would like to stop the sound that occurs when you navigate around the box top screen. It's a bit annoying and not necessary. I tried to change it in the settings but was unable.

Ken

Thats funny you say that! I have a Tivo and thats the first thing I thought of when I started messing around with my SA box the first day I got it. It makes a bubble sound too. On the Tivo you can turn it off I wish SA would have some way to do it too.

On the Tivo you can turn it off

After a more recent software update you can select off or a lower volume setting. I'd gotten so used to it I had to at least keep it on a low setting. :D

iptv bugs

On the Tivo you can turn it off

After a more recent software update you can select off or a lower volume setting. I'd gotten so used to it I had to at least keep it on a low setting. :D

this is not really a bug, but everything is controlled via the remote except the on/off button. if you loose your remote you can't do anything to the receiver except turn it on and off. it would be nice to have controls also on the iptv box in case u loose the remote. but i really like my system low cost and easy to setup. video looks ok and audio is ok too. i'm wondering if a universial remote might work, just a thought :)
god bless
john

This is not a bug but I love that there is no screen saving. I don't know how many times I set the timer for 3am to record a show and all I got was a dish network screen saver. :( :(

Ken

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)