Skyfire App is Here for iPhone!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Skyfire app to play flash video is on the app store for $2.99.

Sorry no link and have no idea how good it works.

Hulu is blocked.:(

I got the app before it was pulled. Works pretty good on the sites I tried. Does take a minute or so to load videos. I take it that is the reason for the pull.

Skyfire disappears from iTunes App Store

due to technical difficulties
November 3, 2010 07:54 by Sean Hollister

Trying to get a copy of the Skyfire browser for your iOS device? You may not have much luck, as the pseudo-Flash-capable browser has just disappeared from iTunes App Stores around the globe, mere hours after its splashy debut. When we try to download it for ourselves in the United States we get the message immediately above, and RazorianFly readers are chiming in with reports that the app is no longer available in Greece, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Spain and the UK. We just pinged Skyfire for comment and they say it's not Apple's fault; demand for a Flash video workaround is apparently so high that the company's having server issues and decided to pull the app rather than introduce new users to a sub-par experience. Skyfire assures us that it's adding servers as quickly as it can, but didn't provide an ETA on when we might see the app once more.

I got Flash to work.

I also installed Java from Cydia, but it still wont work on my phone. Do you know if there is something I need to do to turn Java on?

Well the whole flash issue may go away soon... Adobe has been demonstrating a flash to HTML5 converter. So, web sites can be updated to detect safari without flash and send HTML5 instead.

I have an update when I use this app. Yesterday videos loading took about a minutes or so. Today it takes only 10 to 15 seconds.

I was leaning to buy a new tablet that did support Flash. No more. I do hope Skyfire comes out with a iPad app soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts