diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
I thought this was funny...

It can even be seen in 1080P!

Diogen.

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't be long. How long before they get asked to drop the 4G now that HSPA+, LTE and WiMax are not 4G according to standards group?

Unfortunately it will probably take a few class action suits and years of litigation before the claims stop. And, probably by then they will be on real 4G and the lawyers will make millions and everyone that had a non 4G but advertised 4G phone will get a coupon for 50 cents off their next 4G purchase.

The T-Mobile girl is a helluva lot cuter than the mac guy from the Apple ads. :)

(In the end, that's all that really matters! :D )

How long before they get asked to drop the 4G now that HSPA+, LTE and WiMax are not 4G according to standards group?

Hopefully never. It’s nice to see some standards committee make up a standard after other companies started using the term. The cell phone providers have every right to call their next generation wireless broadband offerings 4G as LTE, Wimax and the rest are next generation technologies and the previous generation was 3, so this would be 4G. 3G allowed users to stream higher quality audio, video, surf the net at decent speeds and so on. 4G allows users to stream live high quality video, download at speeds faster than most peoples home connections, live video conferencing and more.

I hope the cell phone providers collectively tell whatever lame organization to make the 4G ‘standard’ to shove it! I will always call my wimax connection 4G and no one is going to tell me otherwise.

Hopefully never. It’s nice to see some standards committee make up a standard after other companies started using the term. The cell phone providers have every right to call their next generation wireless broadband offerings 4G as LTE, Wimax and the rest are next generation technologies and the previous generation was 3, so this would be 4G. 3G allowed users to stream higher quality audio, video, surf the net at decent speeds and so on. 4G allows users to stream live high quality video, download at speeds faster than most peoples home connections, live video conferencing and more.

I hope the cell phone providers collectively tell whatever lame organization to make the 4G ‘standard’ to shove it! I will always call my wimax connection 4G and no one is going to tell me otherwise.

The problem is T-mobile isn't using next gen technology. It's still 3G and instead of telling lying they need to build out their network.

They got away with calling multiple generation technologies 3G that weren't. Same will happen with 4G.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/phone-zone/224700-3g-4g-how-make-money-off.html#post2302406

Hard to sue for "false advertising" since 3G/4G isn't exactly spec specific, AFAIK...

Diogen.

When Sprint rolled out Wimax the standard wasn't ratified, but Wimax has a path to ITU standard HSPA+ doesn't. I am a T-mobile customer and I think they are being very misleading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)