Skype Help

Steve Mehs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Marilla, NY
I feel like a complete idiot and embarrassed I can’t figure this out. Skype was something I registered for a few years ago, but really had no use for it. Now a close friend of mine will be living in South Africa for a year starting in January, I figure the best way to keep in contact with her is Skype. I never realized there was no official Skype app out for Android until about 2 days before it came out so was ecstatic when it came out and I downloaded it only to realize you can’t make Skype calls over 3G. So then I found the unlocked version, and after a while, figured how to install that. So now I’m all set. Registered with Skype, got the app installed. Now what? If my friend registers and installs Skype, be it on a computer or smartphone, how do I call her or how does she call me? Do we have Skype phone numbers or exchange user names or something else?

My only goal here is to do free Skype to Skype with me being here outside of Buffalo, NY USA and her in wherever, South Africa, don’t care about calling landlines or cell phones in the US or anywhere else in the world, just Skype to Skype with one person. Thanks

I use skype from computer all the time. Download skype to computer and have her do the same. Get USB headset to chat and a webcam for live video. Requires a high speed connection

I'd rather use my Evo to make a receive the calls while I’m out and about, which is why I wanted the unlocked version of the app, so I can be on 3G not limited to wifi. Using a computer or smartphone, it shouldn’t matter I just want to know how you make a call and what info you need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts