skype problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you should disable your Skype integration with your browser. Skype is known to cause browser problems.

Thing is is I dont even have skype, never installed it on this build so no idea why I had the problem but it stopped after 90 minutes last night.

Initial handshake with each page generation goes through and I get the skeleton of the template, wait 5 - 10 seconds and I get the page, http://mystatus.skype would be the last thing to load on each page and take upwards of 20 seconds, it almost seemed as if some part of the site that has skype involved was repeatedly thinking I had skype when I didnt.

Try this: If you are on IE7, Select Tools->Manage Add-ons->Enable or Disable Add-ons
Browse through the list and see if you have anything from Skype.

Checked all the add ons and theres nothing in there for skype, I also did a search of the computer just incase and the only thing skype are two images for my keyboard software hotkeys. I also searched the two old hard drives I have on the comp from my previous builds and theres nothing in them either.

Then I don't know what else to suggest...
Skype has been purchased by eBay. Any eBay add-ons?
Or perhaps just some ads? (Though you are a supporter, so you shouldn't be getting too many ads).

no pop ups or adds, no ebay add ons either, and the sites slowing down again though it might be due to typical evening traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)