Skyvision 4DTV email

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I received a second email from Skyvision wanting to purchase 4DTV receivers.

Dear 4DTV Owner:
If you have one of the models above, we pay cash for working units. This could be a 4DTV made by Motorola or General Instruments, models DSR-922 or DSR-920. Or it could be a Sidecar (model DSR-905) designed to work with your analog satellite receiver. As you know, these receivers are no longer being manufactured but I still have many customers that need these receivers.
Our records indicate that at one time you may have owned one of these receivers. If you are no longer using it, we have buyers for them. Or you may even want to consider firing them up again! If you no longer use your big dish because you thought you had to add KU out at your dish or if your actuator quit working, check out our DSR-410 package at www.skyvision.com for great programming at the most reasonably priced packages on the market. There are still an abundance of channels available on the big dish - but if you no longer need or use the equipment above, let us recycle it and get it back into the hands of big dish enthusiasts that need receivers.
If you are interested in selling your equipment or in seeing what it can be used for today, please call or email me. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the 'big dish' products with you. And, if you have moved over to Dish Network or DirecTV, check out some of our other small dish products. We still offer the largest selection of satellite accessories available for all your satellite needs, big and small. Visit us online.
Check us out. Hope to hear from you soon.
Del Jose, President
Skyvision, Inc.

How much are they paying for the 922/920/905 models? Have you called?

Last time I heard you could get more selling it yourself. If there are lazy people out there that just want to junk there 4D then call Skyvision and let them recycle it. A few bucks is better than nothing.

I have my 905 and 922 both actively subbed. I won't part with mine either, after all I'm one of the big dish enthusiasts they're talking about. I have 4 of them in the farm now. :D

I won't give up mine either, the receiver still looks like new but so did my Monterey after 15 years. :)

They may be reselling them on Ebay and other sites for profit.
I thought about putting an ad in the local trading post paper (that covers most of north Mississippi) for anyone that has a 922 4DTV (not for reselling!) they may not be using. Who know, I may get lucky!

It really has got to be tough for SRL and NPS to try to build a customer base when they can't get any new receivers too sign up subscribers.. Could you imagine DirecTV trying to buy back old receivers so that they could sign up new customers?

I don't understand why 4DTV Digicipher II receivers are not being manufactured any more for C-band.. They are pumping out Digicipher II units like crazy for the Canadian Shaw-Direct service, so I don't see why they wouldn't inject the C-Band 4DTV software into some of these small-dish set top boxes.. The software could be changed to use diseqc commands so that a Sadoun V-Box could be hooked up to actually move the dish..

I think that SRL and NPS must really be struggling to stay afloat..

It really has got to be tough for SRL and NPS to try to build a customer base when they can't get any new receivers too sign up subscribers.. Could you imagine DirecTV trying to buy back old receivers so that they could sign up new customers?

I don't understand why 4DTV Digicipher II receivers are not being manufactured any more for C-band.. They are pumping out Digicipher II units like crazy for the Canadian Shaw-Direct service, so I don't see why they wouldn't inject the C-Band 4DTV software into some of these small-dish set top boxes.. The software could be changed to use diseqc commands so that a Sadoun V-Box could be hooked up to actually move the dish..

I think that SRL and NPS must really be struggling to stay afloat..

It don't make sense but from what I heard Motorola don't want to deal in a small amount of receivers. This may be true but NPS and SRL tend to stretch the truth (especially NPS). I also heard the reason they won't build the 922 anymore is because the license ran out and no one wants to pay the license fee. What it all boils down to is $$$, politics and a strong no budge position. If the big players don't get what they want it's a no go. Were small potatoes to the big boys :(

I got the letter from Skyvision too..........I see what they are trying to do but I am actively subscribed through them. Maybe they could have looked into that before sending out an email.

I know there are units out there not being used. I did some antenna work for a guy over the summer and he had a 10' BUD in the front yard. I asked him if it was being used and if he wanted to part with the eyesore........he said something about seeing if a relative or friend wants it for their cabin. But in his living room, still hooked up was a DSR905. I told him it was a valuable unit and that if he wanted to I could help him sell it but he again muttered about a relative..........a relative who probably wouldn't have the first clue about 4DTV and likely has too much tree coverage at their cabin to make it viable..........point of the story, there are probably lots and lots of old guys like this. He bought it when stuff started going digital then switched to pizza pan dish because for him it's about quantity and ease of use rather than quality and price.........sigh

I got the letter from Skyvision too..........I see what they are trying to do but I am actively subscribed through them. Maybe they could have looked into that before sending out an email.

I know there are units out there not being used. I did some antenna work for a guy over the summer and he had a 10' BUD in the front yard. I asked him if it was being used and if he wanted to part with the eyesore........he said something about seeing if a relative or friend wants it for their cabin. But in his living room, still hooked up was a DSR905. I told him it was a valuable unit and that if he wanted to I could help him sell it but he again muttered about a relative..........a relative who probably wouldn't have the first clue about 4DTV and likely has too much tree coverage at their cabin to make it viable..........point of the story, there are probably lots and lots of old guys like this. He bought it when stuff started going digital then switched to pizza pan dish because for him it's about quantity and ease of use rather than quality and price.........sigh

Skyvision wouldn't be begging for them if there wasn't a market for the 4DTV's still. What I think happened was quite a few waited till the last minute when they pulled the last VC 2 subs down last year. And now there out in the cold. I got my 922 in Jan 2006 at that point I got a new receiver when the price of the 922 was at an all time low $399.00. I think I made a very wise decision when to get it.

Im sure there are 920's 922's and 905's collecting dust and letting there batteries die as we speak. Skyvision trying to get there hands on these things is a good thing. It keeps them alive and well with a purpose. The word needs to get out to all the dust collectors to recycle the 4DTV.

I hope for the future Motorola sells the STB division to someone who will allow us to get our hands on the Shaw receivers to activate for us.

I sold my DSR-905 for $200 recently, and I'm sure Skyvision wont even come close to that price.

I would have only one request for them. Please change the batteries!!!

That's the least they could do. What better way to spoil the new customer's experience than to have the battery fail on their recycled receiver.

I purchased one of their 410s back 2 years ago. It appeared as though it were never touched internally. I wonder what they would buy it back for???

I would have only one request for them. Please change the batteries!!!

That's the least they could do. What better way to spoil the new customer's experience than to have the battery fail on their recycled receiver.

I purchased one of their 410s back 2 years ago. It appeared as though it were never touched internally. I wonder what they would buy it back for???

When I got the 410 this past summer for my client I could tell it wasn't touched inside either, dust on the PCB. I agree they should at least change the batteries on all the GI 4D's Maybe the Motorola 922's are still okay but not the GI series and the 920's.

Good question... I know there's 40k+ subs to the 4DTV right now.

Jees thats all. I would subscribe if there was a better Ala- Cart selection.

We need to start a movement. We could call it the "4DTV Anti-Massacre Movement"

From Alice’s Restaurant (all except for the 4DTV parts)

"And that's what it is , the Alice's Restaurant 4DTV Anti-Massacre Movement, and all you got to do to join is sing it the next time it come's around on the guitar.

With feeling. So we'll wait for it to come around on the guitar, here and sing it when it does. Here it comes.

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant
Walk right in it's around the back
Just a half a mile from the railroad track

That was horrible. If you want to end war against 4DTV and stuff you got to sing loud. I've been singing this song now for twenty-five minutes. I could sing it for another twenty-five minutes. I'm not proud... or tired.

So we'll wait till it comes around again, and this time with four part
harmony and feeling.

We're just waitin' for it to come around is what we're doing.

All right now.

Excepting Alice
Walk right in it's around the back
Just a half a mile from the railroad track

Da da da da da da da dum
At Alice's Restaurant”

©1966,1967 (Renewed) by Appleseed Music Inc. All Rights Reserved. Except for the 4DTV Part

:D

Skyvision's buy-back program is a big ripoff. I sent them a working 920 and 2 working remotes. They claimed that the only thing that worked was 1 remote. They offered me $10. It cost me $23 to ship the box. I'm $13 in the hole! I am sure if I told them to send everything back to me that they would make sure that the only thing that worked was 1 remote. Don't make the same mistake that I did!

Skyvision's buy-back program is a big ripoff. I sent them a working 920 and 2 working remotes. They claimed that the only thing that worked was 1 remote. They offered me $10. It cost me $23 to ship the box. I'm $13 in the hole! I am sure if I told them to send everything back to me that they would make sure that the only thing that worked was 1 remote. Don't make the same mistake that I did!

I would tell them that I wanted everything back anyway. I would also ask to speak to someone in charge there. I can't believe Skyvision would pull this. I bought my 4DTV from Skyvision brand new and a 410 for my client, they treated me well. They forgot to send the remote manual and the batteries for the 410 and they made good on it at there cost.

skyvision offer

They say $50.00 for 920 with remote, $100.00 for 922 with remote they pay up to $20.00 for shipping you pay the deference. is that a deal??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)