This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Skywalker-1 corrupted

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
Recently I installed the USB tt s2-3600 on my system , to try looking at dvb-s2 feeds. Well , it worked for that, but I suspect that it clobbered the firmware of my skywalker-1 . Genpix confirmed that my firmware was corrupted ( I'm guessing during the tt s2-3600 install ) and he's reloaded the skywalker and is sending it back to it's rightful home.
Just a thought, and a warning, I suppose. From here on , I won't be having two usb based Sat cards on the same computer. Too much to go wrong !

Brent,

That is really surprising to hear! I always thought that firmware was secure! It usually takes a custom program by firmware author to change.

What do you mean by USB based sat cards?

I thought USB devices were external to the PC.

I had no idea that could happen! As you can see in my signature, I have four devices in my computer and I"ve never had any problem like that. Hope my luck holds
I agree about the Skywalker, it works nicely with most software, I just wish it was dvb-s2 capable

On a positive not, Nice Genpix fixed it free , though it's somewhat out of warranty. I suspected he would .
I've always found him to be very straightforward and reputable.
[edit] "I agree about the Skywalker, it works nicely with most software, I just wish it was dvb-s2 capable" .

If it were dvb-s2 capable ( with the requisite 8psk, etc ) , I'd be in heaven ! The lovely thing does everything else but wash the dishes.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.