SL3 Aiming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mecro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey guys. I'm getting ready to attempt to replace my single LNB 18" pointed at 101 with the 3 LNB SL pointed at 99 101 103. Does anyone have any guides to aiming this thing? I've heard the term 'dithering' required in aiming it, but I have no idea what that means. Also, does it use a 2" pole instead of the normal 1 5/8 size? I just ordered the dish, so I'm just getting everything ready for me to aim!

Thanks

The mast is 2" diameter.

The most important thing is that the mast must be plumb. Then set the tilt and elevation to what the receiver shows for your zipcode. The dithering comes in with the azimuth. Where you move the dish a little one way and take a signal reading, then go back and forth until you zero in on the maximum.

I'd use dishpointer.com to get more accurate values for your location. Zipcodes are too general.

You guys are awesome, as always. Seems like it will be slightly easier to aim than the one shown in the videos, since we're only talking 3 orbitals instead of 5, but certainly not as easy as aiming the 18" single lnb by swinging it back and forth ;)

Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts