SL3PIG and Multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tigerfan482

Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Taylors, SC
Hello:

This is my first time posting, but I have a slimline dish with a SL3PIG-Z LNB on it. Now I know this has a builtin 4 port multiswitch, but I want to get satellite to 8 rooms in the house. Can I hook the output of this LNB to a Zinwell 4x8 Wideband multiswitch?

If this is possible, does it matter which of the LNB outputs go to which input on the multiswitch? If this is not possible, what would be the best way to get output to 8 rooms?

Note: Actually, it's 6 rooms with two drops in 2 of the rooms for a DVR.

Not to sound obvious, but if you have SWM installation then use the SWM selection on the receiver.
If not, then the multiswitch is appropriate.

What setting would you put the HD receiver in? Multi switch or SWM? I have not installed any SWM equipment yet, but I would like to explore some of it's possibilities.

The receiver should see the SWM when you begin setup. If you set it to another type, it won't find the second tuner. Oh, and when you connect the single wire from the splitter off the SWM8 (and make sure you use the right splitters SW4/6/8) make sure you connect it to the port labled SWM....it's usually number two.j

My favorite web site for info on the SWM8 is here:

http://swm8.com/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)