Slave Digital to Analog - 10' BUD - Help Needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ZJ126

Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
NW WA
Found a 10' dish free on Craigslist and picked it up. After 1/2 disassemble and re-assemble and install, it's up and running. Has a VonWeiss positioner, which works fine and the LNB is C only. Also found a Toshiba TRX-2200 at an estate sale. Having difficulty programming new satellites and channels into the analog receiver :rant:. I've connected a Pansat 250 and it picks up both H and V wherever I point the dish to a known satellite.

My questiion is how to slave the digital/analog receivers. This Pansat does not have servo control. It does, however, have a loop out to an analog receiver. As such, can I program the digital receiver to control the sat position through the analog receiver? How do I/can I control servo control through the Pansat. I found this thread (http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/26904-slaving-analog-digital-receiver-how.html) that somewhat explains how to do this, but I would like more detail is someone is willing to provide it.

Don't know anything about the Pansat 250 receiver, but if you have a single polarity C-Band LNB, and I'm sure you do, and the Pansat 250 will not control the polarotor, then it is highly unlikely that you are getting both V & H polarity. The Pansat won't be able to tell the difference (polarity) on a single polarity lnb. It will however pick up signal and show it on both sides (V & H), so you will wind up getting duplicate channels for both V & H. Only it will be one side of the equation, either V or H.
The Toshiba should be able to switch (control) the polarity for you. A good diagram for hooking up both receivers can be found here:
Add a receiver
Be sure and use a splitter that is High Frequency and has one port power pass through, and use the power pass through port for the Toshiba receiver. This set-up will make the Pansat the slave to the Toshiba for polarity, but the Toshiba will be able to move the dish and change the polarity. I can't help you with programming the Toshiba either, sorry. Maybe someone else will chime in to help with that, or give a better solution to help you.
Good Luck!!!!

Also you might try to find a manual for the Toshiba on an internet search, or look in the FTA Manual section of this forum. There is a Toshiba Manual in the FTA Manual section, but it's not your model. But still, it should be close enough to help you out? With some receivers, you need a remote to access some of the functions, hopefully you have a remote for the Toshiba.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Yes, it is a single polarity LNB. I found and downloaded the owner's manual, but the unit is designed around a now likely defunct subscriptions service with a set of sats and channels pre-programmed. I can add sats from the available list, but it seems no others, and there seems to be no way to add TPs. Just wanted to try a few things with the combination of units. Thanks for the diagram.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts