Slimline-3S(SWM) RV setup issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bamasteve11

Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
birmingham, al
I am trying to setup my father-in-laws Slimline-3s dish when they go camping and for Satellite 101 all the transponders are 0 except for 22 which is 100%, and then 25 thru 32 are all 100% except for 29 and it is 0%. Satellite 99 are all 0. Satellite 103(ca and cb) are all 0. Satellite SWM are all 76 except for 1 & 2 which are 0. I cannot get any other transponders to show up with a signal regardless of how I adjust the dish. Does anybody have any suggestions? When adjusting the dish, the transponders I do get signals for will fluctuate. Ready to pull my hair out. Thank you

:welcome to Satelliteguys bamasteve11!
For starters, is the mast plumb? Are you using a 21 volt power inserter? Which satellite are you pointing the dish at? Make sure there aren't any bbcs in line anywhere.

I'm with Chip. It sounds like your PI is not working correctly. Make sure the "to dish" terminal goes to your dish and the "to IRD" port goes to your receiver. You should at least show 100 on one or more of the SWM channels. If you don't see 100 on at least one of them your SWM functionality is not working correctly and nothing else is going to work from there.

Also, as Chip points out you have to make sure the post is dead nuts vertical. Everything else fails if you miss that step. Are you sure you have the elevation set correctly. You should find a red line on the back part of the elevation indicator. That needs to be lined up with your elevation setting on the mount.

How did you get the settings for your location? I use dishpointer, but you could use the figures from your receiver if you have your zip code set correctly for Birmingham. Dishpointer, for example, gives a magnetic azimuth of 207.5°, elevation of 48.1° and a tilt of 110.3° for Burlingham. You should use these settings as a start point.

Hope this helps.

Looks like you are pointed at the 119 satellite instead of 101.......

I'm an RV'er too and understand your pain. One hint: when pointing your dish set your tilt to 90 degrees and sight carefully along the exact center of your dish along the proper compass heading.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)