Slimline 5 LNB Dish Installation and Meter Questions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

capric621@yahoo.com

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
I am trying to take down my 3 LNB dish and put up a 5 LNB Slimline for the HD Package. I have a few questions. Do anyone know if one of the cheaper satellite finder will work for the new dish, like.....

SF-95c+ Satellite Meter / Signal Finder FTA,DTV,DISH - eBay (item 290241416008 end time Jun-28-08 13:17:00 PDT)

Or do I need one of the like 200 dollar digital ones?

Also I know it is harder to setup this dish than the 3 but I would like to give it a go and I need to know if the vision radius of the satellite is wider with the 5 LNB. Because with my three LNB I had to position it just right to get it past the neighbors chimney and I'm not sure what kind of width I have. Any help would be awesome!

I am trying to take down my 3 LNB dish and put up a 5 LNB Slimline for the HD Package. I have a few questions. Do anyone know if one of the cheaper satellite finder will work for the new dish, like.....

SF-95c+ Satellite Meter / Signal Finder FTA,DTV,DISH - eBay (item 290241416008 end time Jun-28-08 13:17:00 PDT)

Or do I need one of the like 200 dollar digital ones?

Also I know it is harder to setup this dish than the 3 but I would like to give it a go and I need to know if the vision radius of the satellite is wider with the 5 LNB. Because with my three LNB I had to position it just right to get it past the neighbors chimney and I'm not sure what kind of width I have. Any help would be awesome!

I've always set up the 5 lnb dish without a meter, not much different than the 3 except you need to be more precise when adjusting the 99 and 103.

The view is slightly wider by a few degrees.
Do you have any other options for placing the new one ?
The ticket is to make sure your mast is plumb, for starters.
Set your elevation and tilt on the ground, check your compass, set it up, find your signal and fine tune from there.

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo, I really don't have any other options for placing the new one, land lord is very strict and it was hard enough to get the spot I did. I guess I will have to give it a try.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts