slimline 5 LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qkpony

Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
wisconsin
Ok I set this system up myself all worked good then started going funny. So I rechecked to realine the dish first I checked signal. on 110 it is like 78 on 119 it is like 85. On the the others like 101 99 103 and such nothing I have tried to get 101 back that is how I lined it up befor then the rest were just there. But now I cant even find the 101 but I hve the 110 and 119. Also I have the hr21 receiver. It seams as tho it happened over night wokeup to searching for sat. signal.

I got it.I know moved the dish new spot. but when I did the setup again it had a red x on the 99 and 103 even. 18 v i think it said. but everything seems to work fine any input on the red x would be great.

Last edited:
Dish moved! Make sure the mast is plumb and that the elevation and skew settings are correct.
The set it to the correct azimuth. Fine tune by moving azimuth a little at a time to get a TP on 101 as high as possible.

The test channels for 99 and 103 are 480-483 and for 101, 110, and 119 they are 490-494.

sorry I meant I moved the dish to a new location but I was just woundering about in the setup when it showed all passed but for 99s and 103s said failed but so far I think all the channles work

sorry I meant I moved the dish to a new location but I was just woundering about in the setup when it showed all passed but for 99s and 103s said failed but so far I think all the channles work

Are you getting all your mpeg4 (HD ) channels ?

Dish moved! Make sure the mast is plumb and that the elevation and skew settings are correct.
The set it to the correct azimuth. Fine tune by moving azimuth a little at a time to get a TP on 101 as high as possible.

The test channels for 99 and 103 are 480-483 and for 101, 110, and 119 they are 490-494.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I have to go realign my buddies dish. I used to install (mostly for dish but have some experience with the older direct dishes). So assuming the mast is plumb and skew and elevation are correct, I just need to get 101 peaked and the others will come in?

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I have to go realign my buddies dish. I used to install (mostly for dish but have some experience with the older direct dishes). So assuming the mast is plumb and skew and elevation are correct, I just need to get 101 peaked and the others will come in?

Don't assume the skew is correct. If it's a Slimline dish, make sure you are pointing at 101.

Guess I should have been more clear...Assuming I set the skew and elevation correctly and I have the mast plumb, all I have to do is peak 101?

You may have to make some fine adjustments to the skew. Check the solid signal website for a video that shows exactly how.

yes you generally peak a slimline ODU off of the 101 .. you cant do it with out a birddog or a channel masnter but you can get it close... oh and the reason that you are getting red Xs on the 99 and 103 is because the signal is not high enough.. some receivers wont even activate if you dont get the signal strenght above 90%

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)