Slimline 5LNB vs Slimline 3LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Have you checked the quality of the cables. They usually have what type they are written on them. If your using anything other than solid copper center conductor then the high freq. Copper Clad Steel cable is used a lot by contractors and its usually is what is installed inside a home, hd signals won't pass as easily. If cheap wall plates or barrel connectors are used that can also cause a glitche in passing those higher frequencies. Connectors which were improperly set will cause problems like that too...

Have you checked the quality of the cables. They usually have what type they are written on them. If your using anything other than solid copper center conductor then the high freq. Copper Clad Steel cable is used a lot by contractors and its usually is what is installed inside a home, hd signals won't pass as easily. If cheap wall plates or barrel connectors are used that can also cause a glitche in passing those higher frequencies. Connectors which were improperly set will cause problems like that too...

All ruled out. All new RG6 cables, all connections checked, new barrel connectors, new wall plates, proper ground block, new BBC's, new lnb, properly peaked, both receivers tested, both tvs tested, recepticle's tested for proper voltage and grounding.

Everything was re-done from installation. I've had 3 LNB's because that's what all the techs thought were defective when they got here. I'm currently escalated at D*, and was told engineering was being emailed. It's hard to be hopeful at this point.

What I can't figure out is why this is effecting people in atleast five different states, but apparently not everyone. It's the national channels that appear affected, as well as only 720p MPEG-4 broadcasts. Atleast that's not so many channels, but still annoying.

The three years of being a tech their have been several issues which where DTV's fault and not the customer equip. Your problem may very well be an issue that only the people sitting behind the computers or the engineers can solve. I know I've came across my fair share of problems which were not related to any equipment the customer had. I have the same issue happen at my own home every now and then and I know all of my stuff is right because I install the systems for a living.

The three years of being a tech their have been several issues which where DTV's fault and not the customer equip. Your problem may very well be an issue that only the people sitting behind the computers or the engineers can solve. I know I've came across my fair share of problems which were not related to any equipment the customer had. I have the same issue happen at my own home every now and then and I know all of my stuff is right because I install the systems for a living.
I hope they get around to fixing it. Have you ever followed up on any of those issues? Did D* ever correct them?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts