Slimline destroyed ........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Well during a repair on my rental this afternoon. ( Changing WELL Pressure Tank) I got interupted by some vivid lightning, and a few loud crashes of thunder, So I went back upstairs to see what the weather channel had to say, since my tennants were already watching it, Just about right when I was able to see the radar, the picture started fading away. "Yes a Slimline with Rain fade" But from what I saw on TWC, I knew we were in for a good one.

Well now the TV was blank I decided to go outside and unload the tank I just bought and put in the Basement Quick before it got to bad, Hopped in my truck backed it around the rear of the building, and started moving that tank in as quick as I could. Then all Hell broke loose.
Rain coming down in buckets, Hail, Strong winds, Then a HUGE CRASH,

2 HUGE white Pine trees fell right on the side and the roof of my rental house, Smashing the Directv Slimline into a metal pancake, along with tearing of 3/4 of my siding and overhang off , while driving a branch right though the metal roof into the master bedroom .
I also might add my Truck was parked right at that corner of the house, before I moved it to unload the WELL TANK. :bow:heart That Truck would have been Flatend!

Well I reported the damage to my insurance company. They are coming tomorrow. I had an available apartment to hold over my Tenants for a few days. So that worked out.

But Now my D* question?
Who is responsible for the damage to the Smashed Slimline and the outdoor wiring.?
Do I call D*?
Does my insurance Company cover the D* equipment?
Do I have to pay to have D* come out?

I would report it to your insurance company. I'm not sure if that would be covered under the protection plan or not. For sure, without the pp, you're own your own as far as costs.

Call DirecTV, and see what they say.

Yep, if God wrecks it or you do by accident, the PP doesnt cover it. Some insurance policies specifically exclude satellite dishes, so check it out.

I'm glad you were ok, too close a call!

You'll have DirecTV replace the dish/wiring/install (probably like $100), and it will be added to your bill.

Your insurance company will pay it as part of the claim with all the other stuff.

Thanks!
D* said I have to pay to have it repaired, $99 with a commitment, $199 without a commitment. Includes wiring and dish setup.
As soon as insurance company comes out, I'm going to start the repairs. Remove the trees today, and start working on the house tomorrow.

Wow that storm was pretty big then, I was on a roof in Pittston PA and had to get down and run inside, slamming two delco doors shut behind me lol, guys basement would probably have flooded, it was bad enough i drove home to change before going to my next job (that was my third set of clothes too) guess the storm covered a pretty big area, that hail hurt hitting my neck lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts