Slimline Dish Aiming Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kcalvert77

Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
United States
Good Morning Everyone,

I just moved and am trying to hook up my satellite. I removed the dish from my old house, as well as receivers,SWM, and Power Supply for SWM.
I have the HD-DVR as well as one HD receiver and one SD receiver. They were all wired into the SWM splitter at my previous house.

On to the issue. I mounted the dish on a pole that was already on the roof for an older dish. Pointed my dish in the direction i got from directv by putting in my zip code, and the elevation was close to where the dish was already set so I didn't mess with it. I also did not mess with the tilt setting on the dish. I actually could not find any information on how to set this. I am getting no signal at all on the receivers signal meters. I used the compass on my smart phone to point in the right direction.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

My zip is 41018

Is the mast a 2 inch mast? Is it level and plumb? Do you have the power inserter hooked up correctly?

The azimuth measurement from Directv is close , but never exact due to magnetic deviations at your specific location. if you Navigate one of your receivers to the signal trength menu and go into the signal meter. you can then slowly adjust your dish east and west until you start to see signal. By slowly, I mean less than one degree at a time followed by a 5 to 10 seond wait for the meter on the receiver to respond. You should then adjust until you find the highest signal position for azimuth adjustments, and lock down the azimuth. then you should adjust the elevation to again provide the highest strength. Once that is done lock down your elevation, and check the strengths on other satellites and transponders. You should be able to get into the high 90s on almost all transponders. Once this is complete, you should reboot your receiver, andwait for it to update its guide information. This should do it. Have fun :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)