Slimline Dish conversion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr.Esox

Original poster
Mar 15, 2010
ny
I have a 5 lnb that is not working, guys can I convert to a SL- 3 non swim or a SL- 3 swim. The SL-3 has the 3 sats I need the 5 was overkill. (I am only using one TV) Now I have a PI-21 power inserter for the swim and I am using a H-23 receiver. Will this work ?

Sure. If you do convert to a non swm setup, you won't need the bbc, since you have a 23 series box. You also don't need the PI21 for a non swm setup. BTW, the number of receivers/dvrs you have has nothing to do with whether or not you use a swm3 or a swm5. The swm3 receives from the 99, 101, and 103 satellites. The swm5 also picks up from the 110 and 119 satellite.

Thanks for the quick comeback could I run the Swm setup with just the PI-21 Inverter and nothing else. Thanks

Remember to re-run satellite setup on your receivers after the change, important for the box to either realize (or be told) that 110/119 is not there as guide data defaults to 119 if setup for 5LNB.

Remember to re-run satellite setup on your receivers after the change, important for the box to either realize (or be told) that 110/119 is not there as guide data defaults to 119 if setup for 5LNB.
Yes..............and, (don't remember where), the published coordinates shifted from being centered on the 110 to the 101. + in SET UP and DISH SELECTION....folks who should have know better have selected Phase III because it looked like the Slimline they were actually working with.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts