Slimline for 99-110 and round for 119?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NDBryan

Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
I currently use a phase II plus (with removeable LNBs) to get the 101 and 110, and then connect a round dish (to the 119 spot on the phase II plus) to get the 119.

Now with DirecTV's new HD channels I need the 99 and 103 as well. I want to get a slimline for the 99, 101, 103, 110 and somehow contiune using the round for the 119. Due to obstructions, the only way to get the 119 is using a round dish in a different location.

Is this possible?? From what I understand the 119 usually is 'connected' to the 110, so switching them from the built in switch does not work? Does anyone have any insight into this sort of setup?

Thanks for you time,

Bryan

Last edited:
I've been doing some researching...Is it possible if I purchased an AT9 dish?

From what it looks like, the AT9 has 99, 101, 103 on the main LNB piece and 110, 119 on the 'connecting' LNB piece.

Can I use my round LNB for the 119, and multiswitch it with the 110 'connecting' LNBfrom the AT9 dish before passing both to the 'main' LNB of the AT9??? Or are the cords coming from the 'connecting' LNB already 'switched' and therefore adding a multiswitch would not work?

Sorry if I am confusing, but since my location has many obstructions it requires unique solutions. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

It would not work, even with a multiswitch. This is because the 103, 110, and 119 sats all use 22kHz control tones for transponder switching. If you tied in the round dish for the 119 to the switch, you would lose your 103 and 110 programming.

Question here:

Can you not get an AT9 (sidecar) or an AU9 (slimline) and place it where you currently have the round dish for 119 so you can get all services at the same time with one dish?

I've been doing some researching...Is it possible if I purchased an AT9 dish?

From what it looks like, the AT9 has 99, 101, 103 on the main LNB piece and 110, 119 on the 'connecting' LNB piece.

Can I use my round LNB for the 119, and multiswitch it with the 110 'connecting' LNBfrom the AT9 dish before passing both to the 'main' LNB of the AT9??? Or are the cords coming from the 'connecting' LNB already 'switched' and therefore adding a multiswitch would not work?

Sorry if I am confusing, but since my location has many obstructions it requires unique solutions. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

No, but if you can find an AT-9 (preferably one with the standard coax connectors between the two sections of the LNB) you can use the AT-9 for 99/101/103 and two separate dishes with a sat-c combiner, for 110 and 119. Everything needs to be connected together at the AT-9. Or you can use two slimline dishes, one for 99/101 and the other for 103/110/119, connected together at a WB68 mulltiswitch.
Any other combination is probably impossible.

I currently use a phase II plus (with removeable LNBs) to get the 101 and 110, and then connect a round dish (to the 119 spot on the phase II plus) to get the 119.

Now with DirecTV's new HD channels I need the 99 and 103 as well. I want to get a slimline for the 99, 101, 103, 110 and somehow contiune using the round for the 119. Due to obstructions, the only way to get the 119 is using a round dish in a different location.

Is this possible?? From what I understand the 119 usually is 'connected' to the 110, so switching them from the built in switch does not work? Does anyone have any insight into this sort of setup?

Thanks for you time,

Bryan

These guys seem to have a handle on it.
Combine AT9 Dish w/ Existing SatC Dish? Trees! - DBSTalk.Com

This should work as long as you get the AT9 with the f Connectors for the sidecar lnb.

Let me tell you that these are now longer in distribution from my distributers, and you may need to get one used on E-bay

AT9%20Dish%20Combo%201.jpg

I did not create nor do I own the rights to this picture it is linked to a post provided by litzdog911 of the dbstalk.com forum If he want's it removed from here, please contact me, and I will edit my post.

Yes, this works OK - see my post above.
If you don't get the AT-9 with the F-connectors (coax) then you may have a problem - I think the other AT-9 uses SMB connectors but am not sure. The lengthy thread at dbstalk will probably tell you.

Somewhere around page 7 on the DBS post tells you how to tell which manufacturer made the dish and which one has the F-type connectors. A long post over there but it has all the details of what can be done and not done. Thanks for the link. It enlightened me on my tree problem other than a chain saw.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)