Slimline Installation Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Donco

Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Houston Texas
Newbie here!!! I Have just installed the Slimline and have a 6 X 8 Multiswitch. I have an HR10-250, HR20-700 and an R15 -500 hooked up. I first installed the multi switch while still using the 3 LNB dish. All receivers worked fine.

Today I installed the 5 LNB dish and have several questions. On the 101 Sat I get really good readings with some transponders having 100. The 110 Sat averages about 95, The 119 averages about 90. However I have a few 0's on some transponders. Additionally, on the 110 and 119 Sat there are several NA's by some of the transponders(looking at the HR-20. When I look at the 99 and 103 Sats they have a lot of 0's and only one transponder with good signal. (85).

I thought this may have been perfectly normal but when I started everything up the HR20 and the HR10-250 ran perfectly. However when I atarted the R15 it will go to about 99% on the sat info and then start over.

Do I just have a bad alignment. I thought I had aced the 101 Sat. I do not have a meter except for a analog meter.

Hope I didn't post this in the wrong place, thie is my first time to post.

Great site and thank you very much.

The "0's" are likely spotbeams. You might get some low # as well, those might be spotbeams as well ... a spotbeam not meant directly for your area.

The "n/a's" are transponders that DTV doesn't use (aren't licensed) on 110/119. The n/a on 103/99 are the only that aren't in use yet, but will be once the new satellites are up.

Newbie here!!! I Have just installed the Slimline and have a 6 X 8 Multiswitch. I have an HR10-250, HR20-700 and an R15 -500 hooked up. I first installed the multi switch while still using the 3 LNB dish. All receivers worked fine.

Today I installed the 5 LNB dish and have several questions. On the 101 Sat I get really good readings with some transponders having 100. The 110 Sat averages about 95, The 119 averages about 90. However I have a few 0's on some transponders. Additionally, on the 110 and 119 Sat there are several NA's by some of the transponders(looking at the HR-20. When I look at the 99 and 103 Sats they have a lot of 0's and only one transponder with good signal. (85).

I thought this may have been perfectly normal but when I started everything up the HR20 and the HR10-250 ran perfectly. However when I atarted the R15 it will go to about 99% on the sat info and then start over.

Do I just have a bad alignment. I thought I had aced the 101 Sat. I do not have a meter except for a analog meter.

Hope I didn't post this in the wrong place, thie is my first time to post.

Great site and thank you very much.

There has been an issue with the R15-500's ever since the latest national release to update the software. You may have to reformat the hard drive to correct the problem, but if you can get to a menu listing choose the reset everything option after you have done a forced download.

thought i'd also mention to be sure your 6x8 is a wide band 6x8 and your "b" band converter(s) is connected to your hr20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts