Slimline Installation Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Donco

Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Houston Texas
Newbie here!!! I Have just installed the Slimline and have a 6 X 8 Multiswitch. I have an HR10-250, HR20-700 and an R15 -500 hooked up. I first installed the multi switch while still using the 3 LNB dish. All receivers worked fine.

Today I installed the 5 LNB dish and have several questions. On the 101 Sat I get really good readings with some transponders having 100. The 110 Sat averages about 95, The 119 averages about 90. However I have a few 0's on some transponders. Additionally, on the 110 and 119 Sat there are several NA's by some of the transponders(looking at the HR-20. When I look at the 99 and 103 Sats they have a lot of 0's and only one transponder with good signal. (85).

I thought this may have been perfectly normal but when I started everything up the HR20 and the HR10-250 ran perfectly. However when I atarted the R15 it will go to about 99% on the sat info and then start over.

Do I just have a bad alignment. I thought I had aced the 101 Sat. I do not have a meter except for a analog meter.

Hope I didn't post this in the wrong place, thie is my first time to post.

Great site and thank you very much.

The "0's" are likely spotbeams. You might get some low # as well, those might be spotbeams as well ... a spotbeam not meant directly for your area.

The "n/a's" are transponders that DTV doesn't use (aren't licensed) on 110/119. The n/a on 103/99 are the only that aren't in use yet, but will be once the new satellites are up.

Newbie here!!! I Have just installed the Slimline and have a 6 X 8 Multiswitch. I have an HR10-250, HR20-700 and an R15 -500 hooked up. I first installed the multi switch while still using the 3 LNB dish. All receivers worked fine.

Today I installed the 5 LNB dish and have several questions. On the 101 Sat I get really good readings with some transponders having 100. The 110 Sat averages about 95, The 119 averages about 90. However I have a few 0's on some transponders. Additionally, on the 110 and 119 Sat there are several NA's by some of the transponders(looking at the HR-20. When I look at the 99 and 103 Sats they have a lot of 0's and only one transponder with good signal. (85).

I thought this may have been perfectly normal but when I started everything up the HR20 and the HR10-250 ran perfectly. However when I atarted the R15 it will go to about 99% on the sat info and then start over.

Do I just have a bad alignment. I thought I had aced the 101 Sat. I do not have a meter except for a analog meter.

Hope I didn't post this in the wrong place, thie is my first time to post.

Great site and thank you very much.

There has been an issue with the R15-500's ever since the latest national release to update the software. You may have to reformat the hard drive to correct the problem, but if you can get to a menu listing choose the reset everything option after you have done a forced download.

thought i'd also mention to be sure your 6x8 is a wide band 6x8 and your "b" band converter(s) is connected to your hr20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts