Status
Please reply by conversation.

VewDew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Northern California
Hello,

In less than a month I will be moving. My current setup is a slimline dish with 5lnb setup. The house I am moving to has an existing slimline dish setup but the lnb is different. From what I have seen it is a 3lnb setup. My question is I have HD tvs and will the new dish with the different lnbs allow me all the programming that I get with my 5lnb setup?

Thanks all!

It depends on the Area for example I only need 3 lnb for all of HD programing/locals
however the next town over needs the 5 lnb setup since there locals are on 119/110.

It depends on the Area for example I only need 3 lnb for all of HD programing/locals
however the next town over needs the 5 lnb setup since there locals are on 119/110.

Ok, so I looked up my locals and they are all on 101. So are local channels the only ones on 119/110? I won't lose any of the national HD feeds? (spike, syfy etc.)?

Ok, so I looked up my locals and they are all on 101. So are local channels the only ones on 119/110? I won't lose any of the national HD feeds? (spike, syfy etc.)?

No. The national hd channels are on 99 and 103. Actually there are a few still on 110,119, but they are mpeg2 and are duplicated on the other satellites.

Great, thanks for all your info guys. Glad to know I won't have to do anything when I move in.

yup.. wont have to do a thing with the dish or LNB

HOWEVER, you do have to repeat your rsat eciever setup.. you will have to do a repeat sat setup and get it to the Slimline 3LNB, and then you will recieve, if you leave the same setup in the 5 LNB mode, it wont pick up and throw you a Searching for Satellite message.

yup.. wont have to do a thing with the dish or LNB

HOWEVER, you do have to repeat your rsat eciever setup.. you will have to do a repeat sat setup and get it to the Slimline 3LNB, and then you will recieve, if you leave the same setup in the 5 LNB mode, it wont pick up and throw you a Searching for Satellite message.

Great. I figured I would have to do something like that, but at least I can do that myself!

I was going to ask a similar question. My install was yesterday, and I wanted to look at the dish on the roof today. Looked up and only saw 3 LNB's...had me very confused. Thanks for all the answers!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)