slimline lnb3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thundar33

Original poster
Nov 10, 2013
canton,ohio
have a slimline lnb 3 dish, wanting to hook to h25-500 receiver for one tv. searched the web for hours trying to find a simple wiring diagram.direct tvs diagrams show different setup.dish to pi21 smw out to h25? have every thing needed,but is a little new to me.could someone please help me.

:welcome to Satelliteguys thundar33!

You have the correct connections, just make sure the lnb is a swm type, with one output only, and that you connect through the power inserter properly.

I'm thinking he has a SL3, not a SWM 3.

Per his post, (which I think he may have misquoted) it is a SL3 but if he does indeed have a PI then he either got the wrong setup, or made a mistake typing. Lets hope for the latter. Im thinking it is indeed a SWM3 or SL3S lnb since he states he got a power inserter. Just remember to check that the LNB only has one coax output, not four, and that you connect the red port of the PI labeled power to swm to the coax running to the dish, then run a jumper from signal to ird, to the ird.

Last note the H25 is a SWM Only receiver, so if you LNB does have four ports on it, you either need a new LNB, a SWM8/16 Multiswitch, or a new receiver. (yes I know the 16 is overkill and not needed, also would require a different PI, just throwing it in there to list the options :) )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts