Slimline Pointing (99s but no 103)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CottonBalls

Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Houston
I am trying to get a slimline 5 lnb pointed and on my first attempt I had everthing hit but the 99 odd. I paid a tech to come out and he is trying to tell me that the LNB is bad becuase he couldnt hit the 99 or the 103. I tinkered with it and I got back to:

103c = all 0s
103s = all 0s
99s = one 94 all the rest 0s
99c = low 70s to 80s on all transponders

Is my LNB bad or is the tech just lazy?

Thanks in advance for any input.

I am trying to get a slimline 5 lnb pointed and on my first attempt I had everthing hit but the 99 odd. I paid a tech to come out and he is trying to tell me that the LNB is bad becuase he couldnt hit the 99 or the 103. I tinkered with it and I got back to:

103c = all 0s
103s = all 0s
99s = one 94 all the rest 0s
99c = low 70s to 80s on all transponders

Is my LNB bad or is the tech just lazy?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Maybe both. Why not just have them send out another tech to get it done right? It shouldn't cost you anything for the upgrade.

I would but that but this is a DIY job....the tech that came out is an aquaintance.

I just cant understand why if the LNB was bad that I could hit the 103s but not the 99s on my first attempt but then the tech hit some of the 99s but not the 103s on his attempt.

Could this just be a mast that is out of plumb?

probably a bad LNB but could also be a distorted reflector, assuming there are no diplexers in the line.

I would but that but this is a DIY job....the tech that came out is an aquaintance.

I just cant understand why if the LNB was bad that I could hit the 103s but not the 99s on my first attempt but then the tech hit some of the 99s but not the 103s on his attempt.

Could this just be a mast that is out of plumb?

It certainly could be the mast. Check it carefully. The alignment for the 99 and 103 sats needs to be very precise. Being a little off could keep you from getting any signal at all.

I have 2 HD DVRs (HR21) hooked up to the same dish.....both have BBCs hooked up to each tuner....both are getting near identicle signals...

What are the odds of 4 BBCs going out @ once? :confused:

I have 2 HD DVRs (HR21) hooked up to the same dish.....both have BBCs hooked up to each tuner....both are getting near identicle signals...

What are the odds of 4 BBCs going out @ once? :confused:

Slim(line) and none. :haha:haha

It certainly could be the mast. Check it carefully. The alignment for the 99 and 103 sats needs to be very precise. Being a little off could keep you from getting any signal at all.

Thats where I would start put a torpedo level on at least two sides of the mast, plum it up.

Retry the alignment process. If you are still getting the same results i would ask your buddy to bring over another lnb just for a trial and see what happens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)