Sling 922 DVR shutting itself off & fan running full speed? ...

speedmaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
NY
We're on our second 922 DVR in about 18 months (first one just died, hard disk I think) and generally love it. But over the last week it's been acting odd.

Several times I've come into the room to see the DVR apaprently off, no lights whatsoever on the front panel lit up, and a _very_ loud whirring noise. It sounds like the fan is cranked-up all the way. No pressing of buttons on the DVR itself or the remote changes this. The only thing I can do is unplug it for a minute or two.

After that it's usually good for maybe 1/2 a day. Then it happens again. I wouldn't think it's overheating, there's plenty of airflow space around it on all sides, and it's in a very roomy cabinet off the floor with no doors.

Any ideas? My guess is it's toast? If it is dead, any chance Dish might upgrade me to a Hopper? We've been customers for about 15 years.

Thanks very much in advance,
Chris

Last edited:
Since the receiver is well ventilated, and it continues, our next step would be to replace the receiver. Since you mentioned wanting a Hopper, if you can send me a PM with the account #, I can look into the upgrade options for you rather than a replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)