No locals in hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Anybody with a hopper that doesn't have locals in HD in their city please pm me. Thanks

Are you trying to find out if you can record using PTAT with no HD locals?

No, I know I wouldn't be able to use PTAT which is fine with me I just wanna know if I get that OTA module will my locals show up on my hopper guide and will I be able to record them ? Not in PTAT but just record shows on my locals in HD period .

You can record off the OTA adapter on your Hopper. It is a single tuner, so you will only be able to record 1 OTA channel at a time.

You can record off the OTA adapter on your Hopper. It is a single tuner, so you will only be able to record 1 OTA channel at a time.

Do I need an HD antenna as well or just the OTA adapter ?

There is no such thing as an HD antenna. Most HD channels are broadcast on UHF some on VHF. So any old fashioned antenna will do. It depends on how far you are from the broadcast antennas.

i get my locals through dish. none are in HD infact what i record from them are pixelated,and not good quality. Any way to get them in hd?

Which is your HD Locals-into-Local satellite? No locale given so we can only guess.

If you are Western Arc then most HD locals are from 129W with a few from 110W.
The SD channels are likely from a different satellite.

What are your signal strengths? 110W 119W and 129W?
Yellow button + Diagnostics + Point Dish. Do it when not recording.
129W transponders 1 to 16 are LIL spotbeams, 17 and up are Continental (CONUS).

If Eastern Arc they could be from 61.5W or 72W with some from 77W.
The installer should have gotten this for you.

-Ken

Some markets do have PTAT that records in SD if Dish doesn't carry your locals in HD, check with DIRT to confirm if your market is one of those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)