sling adapter and 722k remote viewing problem

nikk_23

Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
phoenix, az
I've had the adapter connected for about two weeks now and still cannot watch recorded or live tv from the 722 on any computer. I can watch everything from my ipod touch though, including things recorded on the dvr and live tv. From the pc I can see whats on the dvr recorded list, the guide, and schedule recordings and change the channel on the tv that is actually connected to the dvr. But I cannot view live tv from computers remotely. I get error (36) (2) from dishonline saying the cpu was able to connect to the device but the connection was interupted, and get error 2 from dish remote access site. I've tried unplugging and resetting every piece of hardware involved to no avail. Help Please.

I've had the adapter connected for about two weeks now and still cannot watch recorded or live tv from the 722 on any computer. I can watch everything from my ipod touch though, including things recorded on the dvr and live tv. From the pc I can see whats on the dvr recorded list, the guide, and schedule recordings and change the channel on the tv that is actually connected to the dvr. But I cannot view live tv from computers remotely. I get error (36) (2) from dishonline saying the cpu was able to connect to the device but the connection was interupted, and get error 2 from dish remote access site. I've tried unplugging and resetting every piece of hardware involved to no avail. Help Please.

Will you send me a PM with your phone number or account number? Also please let me know how your receiver is connected to the internet (direct ethernet, wireless, or slinglink).

Run this test at the link below, and let me know what your upload and download speeds are please

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

hello matt, thank you for answering. i just sent you a pm, not sure if it made it but as for the connection it is wired ethernet from a linksys switch, from a linksys router, from a dsl modem. I am currently away from home so i will get the speed test to you tommorrow. But the connection I will be using for most of my remote viewing has download: 24.34 Mbps and upload: 11.15 Mbps

okay, guess this might be a problem. the upload speed from the house where the sling adapter is hooked up is 384 kbps and the download is 3.14 mbps. And frontier communications doesn't appear to offer anything faster out here. Is this why i can only view remotely from my ipod and not any computers.

I don't think so. I have the same thing as you I'm guessing (Frontier DSL) and my speeds are almost identical. If I read the requirements correctly, it will work at that upload speed, just lower video quality. There is something going on with the remote access on 722 receivers and from what I've read it appears Dish is aware and working on it. I base the fact that your speed is "good enough" on the fact that if I do a hard reset of everything I can view on a PC or iphone just fine until it quits working shortly after the reset. Seems like everyone is having similar problems.

Ok well atleast now I know that it is possible. Thank you. At this point I really won't mind a low quality, just wish I could get something. So we just wait till dish can work this out ? Well I guess I have a decent red heatsink now, but thats it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts