Sling Adapter and VIP 722k not working no led light on adapter

marathon_1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Orange County, CA
Dish has replaced my sling adapter and VIP 722K receiver. I plug the sling adapter in to the 722 receiver and no led lights come on the sling adapter. Chatted with advance tech support and tech is going to submit a Technical Problem.

Anybody else have the same idea or suggestion to get it fixed.

I haven't tried this, but it seems to me that the Sling Adapter light should come on when plugged into a computer's USB A port. This might help narrow down the possibilities between Sling Adapter and receiver. Another back door way to check the receiver is to plug in an EHD or thumb drive (for pictures) and see if that works.

TheKrell said:
I haven't tried this, but it seems to me that the Sling Adapter light should come on when plugged into a computer's USB A port. This might help narrow down the possibilities between Sling Adapter and receiver. Another back door way to check the receiver is to plug in an EHD or thumb drive (for pictures) and see if that works.

External hard drive works fine when plugged into the receiver. If somebody wants to try plugging your sling adapter to a pc USB port and let me know if the sling adapter light comes on, that might up resolve it.

Thanks

dwarren2 said:
Have you tried both usb ports. Have you run the set up for your wired/wireless network yp make sure your receiver is connected to the net?

Yes, external hard drive works fine, either USB port on 722. Receiver is on the net.

Thanks

Yes, external hard drive works fine, either USB port on 722. Receiver is on the net.

Thanks

What is the Sling Adapter Status and Sling Adapter Version on your 722? You can find this by accessing Menu>System Setup>Installation> System Info>Next (system info 2) then scroll down a few times.

Try using both usb ports . try using a phone charger to verify the receiver usb ports work. Try removing the sling and then go to menu 6-3 and reset connection followed by a reset. After that plug the sling back in and wait 3 minutes and reconnect it. If it still won't light up get a replacement sling. If that doesn't fix it then it has to do with the receiver and you should replace the box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)