Sling Adapter died?

ThomasTrain

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I have the Hopper 2000 (without sling) and have (had) a sling adapter on the unit working happily. Today when I attempted to use the Dish Anywhere app I got the error that it couldn't communicate with my receiver.

I checked out the sling adapter and discovered no lights on the device and moving the adapter to other USB ports or another receiver didn't have any effect.

Is there any trick to get the sling adapter to work again?

What is Sling version in DISH Remote > [SAT] > [MENU] > Settings > Diagnostics > System Status > Page 2 > Sling Adapter Version?

Try to reset the receiver if you haven't

I had the exact same issue last week. Either it works (red light) or it doesn't. I called tech help and replaced both hoppers with HWS at no cost ( but a 2 year commitment).

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What is Sling version in DISH Remote > [SAT] > [MENU] > Settings > Diagnostics > System Status > Page 2 > Sling Adapter Version?

Try to reset the receiver if you haven't

Matt, I did reset the receiver several times including a full power cord unplug in addition to moving the adapter to a different USB port and it didn't seem to make any difference. Here is what is on the system status page:

Sling Status: Not Ready
Sling Adapter: 0.0.0
Sling Version: 05.03.571

Matt, I did reset the receiver several times including a full power cord unplug in addition to moving the adapter to a different USB port and it didn't seem to make any difference. Here is what is on the system status page:

Sling Status: Not Ready
Sling Adapter: 0.0.0
Sling Version: 05.03.571

You are going to need a new sling adapter or an upgrade to a HWS. If you would like to send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code on the account I can assist you with either option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)