Sling Adapter/Dishonline

Joe99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Massachusetts
I know that with the Sling I can use my computer and some devices to access and control my 722k.

My question is whether the Sling will allow me to watch Dishonline content on my TV, through my 722k? I know that I can rent certain movies from Dishonline and have them downloaded to my 722k, even without a Sling. I do not see that option for TV shows. Would a Sling help?

Thanks.

No, the Sling is for streaming programs in the other direction: from your receiver outward to PCs or mobile clients. If the program is not available directly on your receiver, you can't send it out via Sling to watch it elsewhere.

I know that with the Sling I can use my computer and some devices to access and control my 722k.

My question is whether the Sling will allow me to watch Dishonline content on my TV, through my 722k? I know that I can rent certain movies from Dishonline and have them downloaded to my 722k, even without a Sling. I do not see that option for TV shows. Would a Sling help?

Thanks.

When remote viewing on the sling adapter, you're not able to access any of the menus on the receiver. This is because the video stream is picked up before the graphics are applied to the video.

has any one had issues using sling adapter on a reciver conbected via wifi and not ethernet or homeplug
there can be issues ... its wireless so interference and distance take their tolls.

I use a modified network, bridged wireless. And I see streams from the receiver, when streaming in-house, in excess of 10 megs. I separated my wireless networks, and set the bridge to only use the N network, because I was having problems streaming in house on the same wireless
ie. wireless from the sling/reciever is 10 meg, and wireless to my laptop 10 meg, that means 20meg of wireless bandwidth is being used, and that's not taking into account anyone else on the wireless at the same time etc.​
otherwise ... the best connections are directly wired, not through the homeplug, with a few cases where BBMP wouldn't work with home plug but did with wireless or hard wire, and others posting problems with wireless signal (you can add a USB Extender cable to move the USB wireless dongle further and further from the dish receiver).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)