Sling Adapter/DVR Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I am having a problem watching shows on my DVR of my 722. I have the 722 hooked up to sling adapter . The 722 is hard wired to my router. I usually get a 15mb download and 4 mb upload. When I try to play a program it tells me that my internet speed is too slow. Any help would be great.

Thanks

I have a 0.5 upload speed and my sling adapter works OK, not a great picture at that bit rate, but never got the slow connection message.

How is the receiver and sling adapter hooked up to the internet?

I would check the speed at the receiver. If it is a hard line, use a laptop, hook it up to the Ethernet cable and run a speed test on it. www.speedtest.net is always one of my favorite testing locations. If it is hooked up using a wireless adapter, you can plug the adapter into the laptop set it up and check it from there as well. Just to get a feel for the acutal speed at that location. As long as you are over 1 mbps up you won't have any problem streaming to a phone or tablet.

I just tested the speed from from the ethernet cable going in to the 722 by hooking it up to my laptop. It is 20mb down and 3 mb up. My Android tablet in the house freezes at optimizing 0%. On my iphone 4 It freezes also in my house. I will have to test it again when I am out on a different network.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)